coronet II (C-55) cabinet repurpose.

larryderouin

I'm VERTICAL and Breathing...most of the time.
Subscriber
I got this cabinet a couple years ago, after the previous owner gutted it to sell the parts on Ebay thinking he was gonna score big ($1K or so for the SA-16 and 101-T). LOL!! He ended up getting less than $200. ROFLMAO!!!

Anyway, I got the cab and one of these days will get a SA-16 and 101-T or a 500S (whcih is also a correct receiver for the C-55). In the mean time, I had my 400 in it up until I sold the 400. Now my 800C is in residence. I call it "EXECUTIVE LITE"! It fit right in, and everything connected up and is running. The Garrard RC/88-4 has a Shure M8D with a new stylus. Tracks at 7 Grams.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_3719.jpg
    100_3719.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
That is the best of both worlds really, nice compact cabinet with clean good looks and the flexibility to really add just about any of the Fisher receivers. Neat.

Seems like the only downside, and a minor one, is that the turntable is so low in the chassis so one has to bend down to setup a record. But a minor nit...

Very nice looking cabinet.

....I'm still looking our first Fisher console :)

In the meantime I have a nice late 50's mono Magnavox console on my "project list".

I got this cabinet a couple years ago, after the previous owner gutted it to sell the parts on Ebay thinking he was gonna score big ($1K or so for the SA-16 and 101-T). LOL!! He ended up getting less than $200. ROFLMAO!!!

Damn...I wish I'd been able to snag the SA-16 at that price!

-D

p.s. Very nice looking 'junior executive'. Perhaps you should call it The Fisher Middle-Manager(tm)?

Damn...I wish I'd been able to snag the SA-16 at that price!

-D

p.s. Very nice looking 'junior executive'. Perhaps you should call it The Fisher Middle-Manager(tm)?

And Larry, interestingly enough, I found a Coronet II not that long ago and just finished restoring the 500-S. If I can't find someone to buy the whole kit & kaboodle locally, I'll be parting it out...hint, hint.

-D

Back
Top Bottom