X202B on off switch

asech

The on/off switch on my X202B had burnt out. I picked up a NOS one from a seller on ebay. Now after taking it apart I can see what caused the short in the first place. It's a double ganged switch with the volume in front. That switch had become loose and twisted the pads and shorted the on off switch....
So with the volume pot gone, any one know of a suitable replacement part?

I have attached a picture with the new on/off attached and you can see how burnt the old one is but the pot in front is shot...

there is a part number 1346149 stamped on the switch....

Thanks...
Andrew

Attachments

• DSCN0186.jpg
    DSCN0186.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCN0187.jpg
    DSCN0187.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 16
Andrew,
One way to eliminate this problem is to put a CL-80 thermister on the power lead going to the switch. Others put two, one on each side of the primary windings to the power transformer.
That eliminates the ARC that happens in the switch at turn-on, turn-off.

Larry,

the internals of the volume pot turn along with the post...I tried securing
the clips on the side but the whole thing moves with the post..

I sent Mark an Email...

Thanks

Don,

If I were to install these on my Fisher 600 and X202B, I just place the CL-80 between my power lead and the switch?(de-solder the power lead on the switch and solder in the cl-80 to the switch and power lead)

Roger

I used to put it between the fuse holder and the external AC outlet.
Now I put it to one of the two black wires going to the power transformer. Trace your AC wires coming in. One likely goes to a lug strip and also on that lug strip is a black power transformer wire. If so, put the thermistor, surgistor, CL-80, or whatever between the lug strip and the black lead.
If you use two, put each in series with a black wire going to the power transformer.

Back
Top Bottom