Upcoming Moderator Change

Fisherdude

Regular Dude
Subscriber
Good morning, folks,

Just a short post to let you know that I have resigned as a Moderator at AK as of yesterday. The management team will be assigning a new mod in the near future, and I'm very comfortable that you'll be giving him your full support.

As a Supermoderator I've had shared responsibilities for all 60+ Forums, including the Subscriber only forums, and it has been taking up more and more of my time. My wife and I are starting to work on moving from the Chicago suburbs to Idaho next year, and we've got 20 years worth of stuff to do.

I'm only posting this in the Dollars & Sense Forum and in the Fisher Forum because, well, you're my guys! :yes: I've been the only mod that D&S has ever had, and along with the Fisher Forum I feel an enormous amount of personal connection here. I'm still going to remain a Member and a Subscriber so I'll still be around, and maybe now I'll have some time to actually make some contributions to the Fisher Forum.

So, until the new guy shows up lets keep the mayhem to a minimum! :D

Take care,
Clay

With all the changes going on, are you gonna dump that old Fisher gear and put together a nice Scott system? :)

With all the changes going on, are you gonna dump that old Fisher gear and put together a nice Scott system? :)

Threadcrap Alert! ^^^^

Go stand in the corner, Erik.

Thanks, Clay, for your amazing service to AK. The staff is diminished by your retirement, but your actions remain, as standards up to which we will aspire.

Good luck with the move. Enjoy your 'free time'! :lmao:

Thank you Fisherdude for keeping this place clean and orderly. Enjoy your free time and your move goes well. I'll see you around.

Threadcrap Alert! ^^^^

Go stand in the corner, Erik.

Thanks, Clay, for your amazing service to AK. The staff is diminished by your retirement, but your actions remain, as standards up to which we will aspire.

Good luck with the move. Enjoy your 'free time'! :lmao:

I figure I'm safe, because he can't ban me any more. :)

Let me echo what Ernie just said. Clay was indeed the best of us. I've had the honor of working with him on the mod team for almost 7 years now, and I only wish more people knew how much he did and how much he gave to make AK what it is today. Indeed, he did set the standard we all aspire to.

Clay, it has been a pleasure having such a capable and knowledgeable moderator pulling the levers and twisting the knobs behind the curtains here and elsewhere at AK. Thank you for all the excellent work you've done creating and maintaining the Fisher forum. You will be missed!

Good luck with your move. Whereabouts in Idaho?

Though I've only been hanging around here for a couple of years ... seems like the end of an era for sure.
I was saddened this morning when I read that you were leaving ...
I've always loved this forum for a bunch of reasons .... everyone is very respectful, no question is too dumb, you can even ask a question that was just asked and people will always help you out.
Though I don't post every day, I check in every day just to see what's' going on.
Fisherdude you set the tone and standard for helpfulness, respect, and this entire community.

You will be missed!

Actually, if I can make a run to Ikea for more shelves, I might just post a pic of the Fisher stash.:D

Clay, it has been a pleasure having such a capable and knowledgeable moderator pulling the levers and twisting the knobs behind the curtains here and elsewhere at AK. Thank you for all the excellent work you've done creating and maintaining the Fisher forum. You will be missed!

Good luck with your move. Whereabouts in Idaho?

Lewiston. My inlaws, who are the nicest people who ever lived, moved there about ten years ago, and we've been visiting regularly. My wife and I have both fallen in love with the place. Just small enough to have a very small town, rural feel, and just big enough for a Costco and two Starbucks!

And, then there's this, the view looking back up the 14th at Lewiston Country Club:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1338411537116.jpg
    1338411537116.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 234
Wow, didn't see this coming. As others have said, thank you for all that you have done for AK. This place would not be the same without you. Enjoy the spuds out there. :D

Clay,
Thanks for you effort. AK is a better place because of your contributions as a member and as a moderator.

Although I've been here only a few months, I've always been impressed with your poise, knowledge and, well, moderating influence. Thanks for making this a pleasant place to be. :thmbsp:

Sad to see you go, but I suppose as the song (and its source in the Bible) said, "to every thing, there is a season..." You're leaving extremely big boots for your successor to fill, but hopefully someone will step up who is up to the task. If they're only half as good a moderator, the place will still be fine. Thanks for all you've done to make this place what it is/has been, for all the rest of us.

Good luck and great happiness with the move. Moving can be a pain (I did it last year, after 14 years of well and truly "settling in" to one place - ugh!), but sometimes change is good, and can be the start of something new and better. I hope it turns out that way for you.

Thanks for all your work here in Fisher, Clay!

Lewiston, I make it up that direction a few times a year. Wouldn't mind seeing your big numbers 800C sometime. :D

Good morning, folks,

I'm still going to remain a Member and a Subscriber so I'll still be around, and maybe now I'll have some time to actually make some contributions to the Fisher Forum.
So, until the new guy shows up lets keep the mayhem to a minimum! :D

Take care,
Clay

Awe your gonna be missed, and funny I think I can speak for most everyone here that you made a hell of a contribution to the site. But I guess since your going to be gone, a little bit of anarchy until the next guy comes and cleans it up. Gonna be rough until the "New Sherriff in Town" shows up.

Congratulations on getting up that way. I've been through there many times, actually almost took a job near there years ago. Nice area! I'm sorry one of your last days as moderator was me offending you. Again, I super apologize. Best of luck there!
Mike

Back
Top Bottom