Fisher 600's

keith wood

have an Uncle's the Fisher 600 console stereo,
and im not haveing any luck finding any info on it!
any help in recapping would be greatly appeaiated.
needing a list of caps etc.
P.S. it does work but very weakly. thanks audiokarma world
Keith

I don't think FISHER made a "model 600" console. This may be a FISHER HEad Unit in a custom cabinet. Look on the radio chassis for Model information.

Post a picture. Also look on the back of the console for a paper diagram. It will have the model # for the console itself on it.

Maybe a TA-600 receiver? This one is out of a Fisher Premiere Console model 220.
Here is what mine looks like.

attachment.php

If that is what you have. I think I have the original paperwork and a schematic.
I could scan it for you, if you can't find it online.

-Brad

Attachments

• _DSC5881.jpg
    _DSC5881.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Rummaging thru a bunch of 600 threads and find this one. Funny what goes around comes around. I now have a 50000 series TA-600 on the bench that will eventually go into my 61 Coronet II console (C-55) cabinet.

DAMN! deja vu!

Larry

Maybe a TA-600 receiver? This one is out of a Fisher Premiere Console model 220.
Here is what mine looks like.

attachment.php

If that is what you have. I think I have the original paperwork and a schematic.
I could scan it for you, if you can't find it online.

-Brad
What a nice TA-600!! Those knobs give it a real classy look! Thanks for sharing!

John

Just so ya'll who've not seen a stand-alone TA-600 or a Console version, you can see the difference's the in the TA-600 above from XBART (console version) and The below picture shows mine (Stand-alone version).

(Note "Premiere" in the Upper left corner on the console version and "600 in the center of the standalone). They are essentially the same unit except for the Front panel.

The late 50001-59999 series got 7247 drivers and associated circuit changes from the original 7199 drivers of the earlier numbered series.

attachment.php

1959 to 1960 Model years. (Aug-Sept 58 to Jul-Aug 1961 presuming FISHER followed industry wide Model Years).

This is THE ONLY "STEREO RECEIVER" Fisher built with ALL TUBE Rectification.
The "MONO" 500 Receiver apparently the only MONO Tube Rectified Receiver made by FISHER.

All Receivers made AFTER the 500 (mono) and TA-600 had Solid State Rectification.

Larry

Last edited:
Just so ya'll who've not seen a stand-alone TA-600 or a Console version, you can see the difference's the in the TA-600 above from XBART (console version) and The below picture shows mine (Stand-alone version).

(Note "Premiere" in the Upper left corner on the console version and "600 in the center of the standalone). They are essentially the same unit except for the Front panel.

The late 50001-59999 series got 7247 drivers and associated circuit changes from the original 7199 drivers of the earlier numbered series.

attachment.php

1959 to 1960 Model years. (Aug-Sept 58 to Jul-Aug 1961 presuming FISHER followed industry wide Model Years).

This is THE ONLY "STEREO RECEIVER" Fisher built with ALL TUBE Rectification.
The "MONO" 500 Receiver apparently the only MONO Tube Rectified Receiver made by FISHER.

All Receivers made AFTER the 500 (mono) and TA-600 had Solid State Rectification.

Larry
Thanks for the info and photo of the 600. This is another Fisher on my wish list, which is growing as we speak!:D Those knobs really look great , don't they? They give it a distinctly different look.

John

Thanks for the info and photo of the 600. This is another Fisher on my wish list, which is growing as we speak!:D Those knobs really look great , don't they? They give it a distinctly different look.

John

That they do, John. I've got to get a set of knobs for my standalone 800-C. Right now I'm using the newer style "solid state" Knobs from my 550-T. It gives it a more sterile look I feel. But it still looks good.

Larry

Back
Top Bottom