Is there a drop in replacement for my Siemans selenium rectifier

chadbang

I'm awful with math and electronics. I read all these threads and my head spins... Can someone tell me exactly what parts I need (and how to hook them together) to replace the flat Siemans selenium recitifier in my Fisher 500B receiver? How would you install it? Does anyone have a photo of one they've replaced?

Here is a picture of the rectifier. The part number is "Siemans B30 C 600
NC 1,3B 22/1"

P1110801_zps1641e0fc.jpg

Thank you!

Not sure, but could it be a knockoff and therefore hard to find?

Unless there's an actual SiemAns company, but the correct spelling is Siemens.

I suspect a plain UF4007 would work fine (it doesn't look like that). I'm sure one of the resident sages will chime in.

For the 400 Fishers most use a common bridge rectifier you can get at Radio Shack for like $2.50....maybe the same would apply for a 500b? I cannot see your picture.

I forget which one it actually is...looks like a small black pizza box with 4 legs coming off of it. Larrydelrouin knows what it is ...I cannot remember the exact model number.
I think is it is silicon.

It's a FULL WAVE Bridge Rectifier. 2 AC lines denoted with ~ and the DC lines denoted + an -. Use the 8A 400V Radio Shack Rectifier. It's fine. I use it in all my Fisher gear that has a SIEMENS Selenium Rectifier.

Radio Shack part # 276-1181. A Size #4-40 or #6-40 machine screw will fit. 1-1/2". Bolt it to the SIDE SHELL.(you may have to drill a hole, but I haven't had to yet.)

Larry

It's a FULL WAVE Bridge Rectifier. 2 AC lines denoted with ~ and the DC lines denoted + an -. Use the 8A 400V Radio Shack Rectifier. It's fine. I use it in all my Fisher gear that has a SIEMENS Selenium Rectifier.

Radio Shack part # 276-1181. A Size #4-40 or #6-40 machine screw will fit. 1-1/2". Bolt it to the SIDE SHELL.(you may have to drill a hole, but I haven't had to yet.)

Larry

Thanks, Larry! :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom