What was the fastest car you ever owned?

The fastest car I've owned was my 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR SE or (my old 03 Evo). Got her up to 155mph on a lonely stretch of highway once. The quickest car I've owned was my 1987 Buick Grand National. That car was quicker than my 1986 Buick Regal T-type or my current 1985 Chevy El Camino with theT-type's drivetrain.

Dave

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 9
6 years ago I almost bought a 89 tta - 89 turbo trans am

no top speed limiter better heads than the gnx

easy to get 600 rwhp

I don't remember exactly what was needed but not a lot

bigger turbo higher rate injectors new chip

and e85 fuel

my 88 grand am with a transplanted hopped up w41 ho quad four
embarrassed a lot of v8 mustangs Camaros - etc

especially runnin a bit of nitro methane fuel mixed in the gas

never got to turbo or supercharge it no nitrus

150 hp nitrus kit would worked great

wish it was rear wheel drive

bought all the hopup bits from mantapart.com

I had a technical guide about the olds aerotech and other stuff from mantapart

I put 450 thousand miles on it
drove it for over 20 years

never took it to a shop until one year I was living in a motel

I spun my own wrench

I regret selling it

my crebrial palsey is worse now but I still do as much as I can

One day I would like to own a TTA. I had chance to purchase a TTA with only 38k miles in 94 or 95 for $12,000 ;/ I wasn't in the position to grab it. Major regrets now.

Dave

I had an 81 but the 89 was on a whole 'nother level. I would love to play with some turbos and kit cars like the Factory Five GTM.

Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.

new guy to the forum here. cool to see all other sub topics besides audio -- Owned this 930 since 1999 - updated through the years through mods and engine rebuild to 425 rwhp at stock boost - Hit 145/150 ish on main straight at Summit Point main cirucuit
14146229110_689fbd4fdb_b.jpg

Beautiful car! That body style is forever timeless to me. Sounds like you bought at the right time. The prices on these within the past couple of years have really taken off kind of like the housing market before the bubble burst. Except I have a feeling these beautiful cars will just continue to appreciate. I'd better start saving for a 996 while they're still semi affordable lol

Dave

My 87 Gn with just a few bolt ons and a cam ran high 11's to low 12's at 114 in the 1/4.

There are plenty of 9 and 10 sec daily driver TR's out there. They are a great car.

A stock GNX could run 13.1 with a simple tire change to something other than the hard stock gatorbacks. GSCA president did it back in 87.

It's way cool to see some TR love here. I wasn't expecting that.

Dave

The fastest car I've owned was my 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR SE or (my old 03 Evo). Got her up to 155mph on a lonely stretch of highway once. The quickest car I've owned was my 1987 Buick Grand National. That car was quicker than my 1986 Buick Regal T-type or my current 1985 Chevy El Camino with theT-type's drivetrain.

Dave

The Buick Grand National GSX was the fastest production car of its time. It was even faster than a Corvette.

I had a Hugger Orange 1972 Nova SS 350 with a four speed. I was taking a friend home who lived on a dirt road. As I was leaving, my car drug on something but it wasn't very hard. Come to find out, I knocked a hole in the oil pan. What I didn't know at the time is the mechanic installed a bigger cam in the car. I have outrun a 1969 Chevelle SS 396, a Roadrunner 440 just to name a couple. Needless to say this was my favorite.

Probably what I have now, a Jaguar X-Type 3.0 AWD Saloon. I have not even tried out the "Sport" button on the tranny, but one of these days, I will. I've already made my wife reach for the "oh shit" handle.

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 14
My current vehicle, a 2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport, with 6 cyl. engine, is the fastest vehicle I've ever owned. It has an incredible amount of power for a relatively light vehicle.

Doesn't look fast, but it has attitude.

My current vehicle, a 2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport, with 6 cyl. engine, is the fastest vehicle I've ever owned. It has an incredible amount of power for a relatively light vehicle.

Doesn't look fast, but it has attitude.

Actually, your claim made me curious so I looked it up -- a RAV4 will run 15.4 @ 89 MPH through the quarter mile, which was entry-level muscle car territory back in the day. A '64 GTO coupe with a 389/325-hp base engine and automatic transmission would run nearly identical numbers.

Score one for technology, I guess.

Here is the current one, purchased 8 years ago:
Esprit V8 twin turbo by Lotus.
300 kph comes up pretty quick on the GPS :smoke:

20jk0vr.jpg

I had my
1994GeoMetro015.jpg

up to 100mph. Once. In 1999. On a downgrade. On Rt.322 in PA. On a Straightaway. Without other traffic.
I don't have it any more. 1.0L 3-cyl, stamped 0.996L on the block.

That's all I have to report- I have not been much of an awesome auto owner.

Last edited:
I never really drove it near as fast as it would go. To me, what made this entry-level exotic fun was its handling - it would sit level on the hardest of corners.

1982 Alfa GTV-6 Mine was this deep gunmetal grey color, blue leather with wood steering wheel and shifter knob, yet otherwise a very Spartan interior.

au013-alfa-romeo-gtv-6-2.jpg

I'd find some room for it in my driveway if one ever popped up for sale here on the island.

Back
Top Bottom