SMAC March 2014

jmathers

The March SMAC meet will be held at Guy's place in Shelby Township on Saturday, March 22nd from 1pm-? Details in my email. Hope you can make it out.:banana::banana::banana:

Darned, I had every intention of going today but a family medical emergency will keep me from many things for a month or so. My otherwise healthy 29 year old son out of the blue was diagnosed with leukemia yesterday and we're totally devastated at this point. I'm not sure where things will go from here, spending many hours at the U of M hospital, prayers welcome, hoping for a cure, thanks, Dave. :tears:

Guy:

Thanks so much for hosting the group at your slot-car racing track...errrr....home:) A very cool garage setup and the biggest slot-car track I've ever seen. JBLs sounded mighty fine too.

Really appreciate your willingness to host SMAC. Thanks so much.

I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to make it since we are practically neighbors. Next time, I suppose.

Darned, I had every intention of going today but a family medical emergency will keep me from many things for a month or so. My otherwise healthy 29 year old son out of the blue was diagnosed with leukemia yesterday and we're totally devastated at this point. I'm not sure where things will go from here, spending many hours at the U of M hospital, prayers welcome, hoping for a cure, thanks, Dave. :tears:

I wish I could see everyone but my 29 year old son is still at the U of M Hospital fighting ALL leukemia since 3/20/2014, a family member is with him 24/7. I wish he would get discharged for Easter but there's little hope of that, looks like outpatient treatments start in May until the bone marrow in July. :tears:

Wondering how your son is doing? Sounds like he's been pretty sick for the last month...

Wondering how your son is doing? Sounds like he's been pretty sick for the last month...

Hi, thanks so much for asking, he's still in the hospital, looks like he has to go through round one (28 days of treatments) of chemo again, he looks good and we're trying to spring him for a week to come home before starting again. The U of M Hospital has been amazing, I'm going to sell off some of my pro gear to help him pay the deductible, I'm sure this will run into 8 figures all said and done but he's doing so much better, YES!! Thanks again, the prayers from everyone throughout the world has been helping, Dave. :yes:

PS - He'll have about 60 more days total of chemo, then radiation, then a bone marrow transplant, one of my daughters is a perfect match. :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom