Pulled Pork, YUM!!!!

djnagle

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Some of you might remember that Newman had a SMAC meet in his new house a year or so ago and served Pull Pork. THe guy he got it from lives 6 houses from me and tonight I just got two butt from him. Man does he do good work and his prices are very good. PM me if you want his digits.

Dennis,

Speaking of pulled pork I had a great sandwich at 12 Bones Smoke House in Asheville this spring.

It was called Hogzilla.

This audacious sandwich is a mountain of pig: pliant sausage, thick strips of sugar-cured bacon, and shreds of exquisite smoked pork on a toasted sub roll.

hogzilla.jpg

Hungry now. Just had a meal of textured vegetable protein. Almost the same thing.

Last edited:
Dennis,

Speaking of pulled pork I had a great sandwich at 12 Bones Smoke House in Asheville this spring.

It was called Hogzilla.

This audacious sandwich is a mountain of pig: pliant sausage, thick strips of sugar-cured bacon, and shreds of exquisite smoked pork on a toasted sub roll.

That is one good looking sandwich.

hogzilla.jpg

Dam, that is one good looking sandwich. I think I'll add the bacon to the menu!

Hungr now. Just had a meal of textured vegetable protein. Almost the same thing.

Yep ALMOST, but not quite:D

A while back I looked up the nutritional value of pulled pork (i cook it a LOT). turns out it is really good for you and … as any pit boss would know …*has very little fat!!!

Mmmmm, love me some pulled pork. I smoke pork butts all the time. One of my favorites. Started these off on apple wood, finished with hickory...over hardwood lump charcoal of course :drool: These ones were form the 4th. They almost fell apart coming off of the smoker :yes:

inTvKgc.jpg

Mmmmm, love me some pulled pork. I smoke pork butts all the time. One of my favorites. Started these off on apple wood, finished with hickory...over hardwood lump charcoal of course :drool: These ones were form the 4th. They almost fell apart coming off of the smoker :yes:

inTvKgc.jpg

Dude, why are you not the official SMAC Meet Chef?

Dude, why are you not the official SMAC Meet Chef?

Hmmmmm. I think you may be on to something. No sauce needed with that stuff. Put it on a bun topped with a simple slaw made with finely shredded cabbage and apple cider vinegar. Good eatin' there :yes:. I made pork and beans slow cooked with thick sliced hickory bacon and some gooey mac and cheese made with freshly shredded Colby Jack to go with it :drool:

I cooked some overnight on Friday. 8 pounder, rubbed with dizzy dust and my own concoction. Injected with cider/beer/coke/cinder vinegar mixture. Started at 10 (next time will start earlier), 220 until 7am, then 240, injected again 2 hours before finishing and up to 280 at the very end. Done at 1. In towels until around 4pm, then pulled. People were talking about it.

vJWtHV.jpg

LmPQU0.jpg

Hmmmmm. I think you may be on to something. No sauce needed with that stuff. Put it on a bun topped with a simple slaw made with finely shredded cabbage and apple cider vinegar. Good eatin' there :yes:. I made pork and beans slow cooked with thick sliced hickory bacon and some gooey mac and cheese made with freshly shredded Colby Jack to go with it :drool:

My mouth is watering just thinkin' 'bout that. Yum-er-ama.

I cooked some overnight on Friday. 8 pounder, rubbed with dizzy dust and my own concoction. Injected with cider/beer/coke/cinder vinegar mixture. Started at 10 (next time will start earlier), 220 until 7am, then 240, injected again 2 hours before finishing and up to 280 at the very end. Done at 1. In towels until around 4pm, then pulled. People were talking about it.

vJWtHV.jpg

LmPQU0.jpg

That looks like some mighty fine eatin' there. Pulled pork takes a long time, but it's way worth it! :yes:

We put the two I got in the fridge the Friday at 5pm I put them apart and put it all in two pans, dumped half a fifth of Capt. Morgan's in each pan, covered them with foil and put in the oven for two hours at 250. It was soooooo tasty and fed 30 of us.

I can only assume that the pulled pork is directly responsible for the huge turnout I had at my meet last year.

Mick does a great job.....however, my wife just asked me if I wanted PP for dinner (we have a lot of leftovers) and my response was GAWD NO!!!

A guy can only take so much.

Back
Top Bottom