Lets See All Them Axes

This is the guitar I am working on fixing at the moment. Don't know much about it. It seems to be from the mid 60's and made in Japan. I also have a Fender Squire Strat. Nothing special, but then again, I am a drummer and not a guitarist. :D

dscf5781mr9.jpg

Here's a couple pics ill get more up when i take em.

My new guitar Epi Les Paul LE Custom Shop.
My Old Guitar Hondo Fame series With floyd rose, locking neck, grover tuning keys, And Dimarzio pickups(Please inform me if this is wrong ive read taht Dimarzio made the pickups in the hondos) and my Peavey Express 112.

Attachments

• Picture 074.jpg
    Picture 074.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 302
  • New Axe.jpg
    New Axe.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 384
Fairly current shot, more to follow in later posts.

L to R:

Recently sold '95 Ibanez Talman TC630GAA

'82 Vantage VS-695-12

'82 Vantage Entertainer VSH-445

'75 Gibson L6-S Deluxe

'75 Gibson Les Paul Special 55

'74 Gibson Les Paul Special 55

Attachments

• IMG_9325b (Large).jpg
    IMG_9325b (Large).jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 363
Fender powerhouse strat -has a nice active mid boost and hum cancellling dummy coil
yamaha fg 700s
epiphone bass

Attachments

• speak pics 030.jpg
    speak pics 030.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 118
  • speak pics 029.jpg
    speak pics 029.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 146
  • speak pics 028.jpg
    speak pics 028.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 127
Some more - L to R:

'93 Hohner TWP600B

Fender Precision (given away)

'86 Aria Cat Bass

'85 Spector NS2

Attachments

• HNggdCBspctr.jpg
    HNggdCBspctr.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 251
Here's a favorite- this is one incarnation of my '75 LP Special:

Attachments

• LPSbikini2 (Large).jpg
    LPSbikini2 (Large).jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 336
My Dad's old guitar

My Dad recently passed away. I now have his old guitar, a 1962 Gibson Hummingbird with maples sides & back. I took it to the local guitar shop and the neck checked out fine, no warping or misalignment.

Now the challenge is to learn how to play it. :music:

Attachments

• Gibson_hummingbird-002a.jpg
    Gibson_hummingbird-002a.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 180
  • Gibson_hummingbird-001a.jpg
    Gibson_hummingbird-001a.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 333
These are some of my guitars. My main one is the orange Gretsch 6120. The red one is a Tennessee Special and comes in a close 2nd to the 6120. The Country Gentleman is a 1978 I have had for about 10 years now and is in very good condition but I am just saving it, don't play it much at all. I also have a newer 2005 Gent shown in it's case. I don't have a pic of it that I took, this is from the auction pic. I also have an Epiphone Elite Les Paul that I bought this summer along with the Fender Blues Deluxe in the photo. I have a matching Epi Elitist 335 in tobacco sunburst I don't have a pic of, they make a nice pair! I apologize for the blurry Epi pic! Since I am at work I can't show the others but will try to get them posted later as well.

Gretsch-Gear_02.jpg

Gent1.jpg

Gent1_2005.jpg

Gretsch-Gear_12sml.jpg

DSCF0321.jpg

I also have a 96 Japanese Strat with fat 50's pickups that sounds killer, an Alvarez Artist electric/acoustic, an Oscar Schmidt OE40 jazz box and a couple other ones that are sentimental to me as they were purchased to replace ones that got away my parents bought for me as a kid in the 60s'. I do still have a Japanese Rickenbacker copy my parents bought for me for Christmas in 1967 and it looks great still but the neck has twisted on it from laying under my bed for 40 years!:sigh:

StevieDude,

Nice guitars and nice JBL collection. Did you get the L100 foam recently? Did you know there are some very good L100 grilles in the original Quadrex patterns in Blue, Brown, Burnt Orange and Grey available to get your colors back to original appearance. Also, there is JBL Blue fabric available for your L300s too.

Pop me a PM if you want more info. Impressive lineup you have there.

Bart

Camera battery is dead, so this will have to do... terrible angle and all.

Seagull S6 Acoustic and a '92 Fender Stratocaster with EMG Active Single Coil Ceramic pickups and an SPC tone module.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Just a few of the toys...I don't have an entire group shot yet.

Pict0105.jpg

The 78 BC Rich and the 73 Marshall stack are missing as well as a couple of the Fender amps.

J.R.

StevieDude,

Nice guitars and nice JBL collection. Did you get the L100 foam recently? Did you know there are some very good L100 grilles in the original Quadrex patterns in Blue, Brown, Burnt Orange and Grey available to get your colors back to original appearance. Also, there is JBL Blue fabric available for your L300s too.

Pop me a PM if you want more info. Impressive lineup you have there.

Bart

Hey Bart! Thanks for the kind words man! I took that picture a couple of years ago right after I got the 6120 so the grills you see on my L100s' have been changed to new authentic ones that came from sonofagun from the Lansing website. They are identical to the original ones. He uses really nice foam and cuts the cube shapes just like the original ones. btw, it has taken me my entire life time to build my collection of guitars, amps, and hifi gear and since I don't have any children, these are my babies! :D So thanks again for the complements! :thmbsp:

Sota, what year is your Les Paul? Very nice, cool collection! :thmbsp: I use to have a Black Beauty with the micro frets back in the 70s'. It was my first Les Paul. They sure have sky rocketed in price in the last decade!

Sota, what year is your Les Paul? Very nice, cool collection! :thmbsp: I use to have a Black Beauty with the micro frets back in the 70s'. It was my first Les Paul. They sure have sky rocketed in price in the last decade!

I had a '56 Black Beauty Custom and a reissue of that same guitar. Couldn't deal with the itty-bitty frets, and eventually sold them both. Pretty sure this pic is of the re-issue, in front of one of my old Altecs and a JBL-loaded side fill:

attachment.php

The one that seems to stay

mc1.jpg

mc2.jpg

1977 Ibanez Musician MC-100. 24 fret neck through.

Pic of a few things from the past(wish I still had a few of these.)

stable.jpg

Hey Fred! Nice LP and nice collection! Did you like the way your LP sounded? Mine played like butter but didn't sound all that good. It was kind of trebley and somewhat thin sounding. May have been made with green wood as some of them did back in those days!
I tried replacing the pickups but it never did sound creamy like my mid 70s' LP Standard I had. That was my all time favorite guitar. Wish I still had that one! :tears:

Back
Top Bottom