Kenwood KT-7500 glass

Apexpro

Does anyone know:

1. Somewhere I can get a replacement glass panel (stock or custom)

2. What other Kenwood tuners glass panels may be interchangeable?

Thanks!

Found out from the nice people at East Coast Transistor Parts, Inc.

2 Marlborough Road
West Hempstead, NY 11552
Phone: 800-776-2626
Phone: 516-483-5742
Fax: 800-733-5904
http://www.kenwoodparts.com
Hours: Mon - Fri 9:00 am - 5:30 pm

...that the part number for the glass is B10-0220-13 (zeros, not Os). Of course it's long out of stock. They told me the last KT-7500 was made in 1977...the year I graduated from high school.

Just looked at my 7500...it's a beveled piece. Too bad. If it were a simple flat piece, any glass shop could cut you one.

Keep an eye out on eBay for a salvage unit or one being parted out. That, or just go shopping for a replacement. The 7500 doesn't sell for big bucks.

Just looked at my 7500...it's a beveled piece. Too bad. If it were a simple flat piece, any glass shop could cut you one.

Keep an eye out on eBay for a salvage unit or one being parted out. That, or just go shopping for a replacement. The 7500 doesn't sell for big bucks.

Beveled and recessed. I got lucky and found a replacement new/old stock glass at http://www.partsimple.com/ for $34 after getting the part number from the aforementioned folks.

Used a heat gun to soften the glue and was able to cleanly remove the broken glass. I'm going to use two sided glass tape to secure the new piece. And in the meantime I found another 7500 in a wooden case. I'll listen to it while I make some changes to the original 7500.

Those guys list a bazillion parts that they cannot actually get. I wish you luck.

They claim to have shipped it already. It wasn't listed on their site, but when I called they were able to find it by part number. Fingers crossed. If nothing else I'll put an automotive glass panel on it. Finding double thickness consumer glass around here isn't happening.

A heatgun was most effective to soften up the glue and remove the old glass.

I'd forgotten how damn good a tuner the KT-7500 is. Wow! It's so clean, great separation, deep sound, the mute is the best I've ever heard, and the 5-gang cap section pulls in stations better than anything I've ever used. It's better than my first 7500. And it has an unblemished beautiful walnut case. I'm in love.

I've got a KT-8300 that I use every single day at least 6 hours a day. I can not find fault with it. Often, I'm just amazed at just how good it sounds. It's my most used source component and I couldn't be happier.

Those guys list a bazillion parts that they cannot actually get. I wish you luck.

Got an email on Monday saying the item was shipped. Just got another one a few minutes ago saying it wasn't available and they would issue a credit. Interesting business plan....hold people's money for weeks earning interest and then give them back their money. I guess if you do that enough it could be profitable.

In the meantime I found another 7500, this one in a walnut case and in better condition that my first one. It's so good looking I've put up a shelf outside the audio closet and have it 'on display'. Since it has an output pot I can change the volume without having to open the closet, turn on the light, and bend down to see the dial. It's like a fine piece of furniture.

I just put a KT-7500 into service after cleaning the tuner section as stickied here. I am running into the tape input of a Sansui 4000. Gets stations the 4000 doesn't even suspect are there! I can't wait for opera night!

Got an email on Monday saying the item was shipped. Just got another one a few minutes ago saying it wasn't available and they would issue a credit.
Would I lie to you?

Anyway, glad you found something else worthy of your attentions. The 7500's are great, but don't sell for a lot (mainly because there's so many of them out there).

Back
Top Bottom