headphone stands

Buckkarr

How necessary do you think a stand is, when it's for a really nice pair of audeze LCD-3x phones? Those are the headphones I recently bought, and I think my ear pads have been squished a little off kilter because I haven't been standing them properly when not in use. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Not sure about necessary but anything I have out goes on one of my heds here when not in use.
Charlie

Just my two cents but I purchased the HiFiMan 300 and also ordered an omega style stand by Copper Color (Amazon) up front. I admit that was driven more from convenience and aesthetics than any need or knowledge. It does make access easy versus putting them away, which was my other option.

How necessary do you think a stand is, when it's for a really nice pair of audeze LCD-3x phones? Those are the headphones I recently bought, and I think my ear pads have been squished a little off kilter because I haven't been standing them properly when not in use. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Improvise!! :thmbsp:

Attachments

• headphonestand.jpg
    headphonestand.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 117
stands

Gotta make them stands. Prevents the cans from becoming squished and ugly. I use a door knob in my stereo room, also a good choice.
Stands are easy to make. I made a few for our church sale out of scraps and all went.
No rocket science here.

Paul

Another banana-hanger-user here! Er, uh...

It's a wire mesh bowl of sorts, with an elevated arm rising off one side. The cord coils up perfectly in the bowl portion and the headphones themselves hang on the hook just above. Looks purpose-made!

I have, and love, those exact headphones.

I just got them recently but haven't used them much due to the headband issue. They sound fantastic though, and I'm sure they'll be twice as good after the mod!!

I need to figure out a way to tidy up that crazy-long cord while they're on their "stand". I suppose I could wrap it around the Thinker's head, but that would probably ruin the look.

Back
Top Bottom