Kansas City Audio Club

Allright - let's plan on the 18th of July at my house. Say 2:00PM? PM me and I'll give you my address in Olathe.

Doubtful but I'll keep it in mind and advise. I've been travelling a lot and have a crap ton of stuff to do here especially if the weather stays cool. It might have to be a future date.

I'm there, I'll bring your tables too Kurt. Do we need any certain pieces of gear, cables, ext. cords or anything? Speaker wire?

Probably ought to bring any interconnects you might need. I have lots of power amps and a recently refurbed Pioneer SX-1250 that I haven't hooked anything up to it at all yet. Some speaker cable although I think I have about 25 ft. of some just ok stuff.

I have some interconnect material that I am hoping someone can tell me how to hook it up. DH labs t-14 cable I believe.

I only have one preamp and it's in my home theater system downstairs. So a spare one of them would be handy. A couple of receivers. And lots of big ass speakers of which one set is a recently refurbed Infinity RS1b set up that stills needs to go back together.

We can hookup systems on the main level and outside. I have enough extension cords and should have an extra outlet outside as well by then. Small backyard but should suffice ok.

I can play just about anything. Don't have the Nak' cassette deck hooked up but can easily do so. Do have a Grant Fidelity Tube Dac-11 we can move around if need be. And even some wireless hookups.

Just figuring out my NAS so if someone knows how to get it working from outside my home network that would be very helpful!

Looking forward to it.........

Only had a couple so far ask for my address so don't be bashful......

Probably ought to bring any interconnects you might need. I have lots of power amps and a recently refurbed Pioneer SX-1250 that I haven't hooked anything up to it at all yet. Some speaker cable although I think I have about 25 ft. of some just ok stuff.

I have some interconnect material that I am hoping someone can tell me how to hook it up. DH labs t-14 cable I believe.

I only have one preamp and it's in my home theater system downstairs. So a spare one of them would be handy. A couple of receivers. And lots of big ass speakers of which one set is a recently refurbed Infinity RS1b set up that stills needs to go back together.

We can hookup systems on the main level and outside. I have enough extension cords and should have an extra outlet outside as well by then. Small backyard but should suffice ok.

I can play just about anything. Don't have the Nak' cassette deck hooked up but can easily do so. Do have a Grant Fidelity Tube Dac-11 we can move around if need be. And even some wireless hookups.

Just figuring out my NAS so if someone knows how to get it working from outside my home network that would be very helpful!

Looking forward to it.........

Only had a couple so far ask for my address so don't be bashful......

T-14 is speaker cable I believe, I have used DH labs silver sonic BL-1 interconnect cable....

http://www.silversonic.com/docs/products/BL1.html

http://www.silversonic.com/docs/products/T14.html

Russellc

Last edited:
T-14 is speaker cable I believe, I have used DH labs silver sonic BL-1 interconnect cable....

http://www.silversonic.com/docs/products/BL1.html

http://www.silversonic.com/docs/products/T14.html

Russellc

I'm a bit fussy on speaker wire Russel, hopefully this won't get move to TOL, but I only use the 14g. blue auto wire from walmart.:smoke: I know, it's expensive, but IMHO well worth the price of admission. You may not believe this, but sometimes I use equal lengths and even tin the ends with fancy kester solder.:smoke: I'll bring some.

OH BTW, did anyone lose a TT belt at Twangfest? I found a very thin one back in by the LPs that doesn't go to any of my tables. Just say hey and I'll toss it in the mail if you aren't coming to the first meet.

I'm a bit fussy on speaker wire Russel, hopefully this won't get move to TOL, but I only use the 14g. blue auto wire from walmart.:smoke: I know, it's expensive, but IMHO well worth the price of admission. You may not believe this, but sometimes I use equal lengths and even tin the ends with fancy kester solder.:smoke: I'll bring some.

Well! I use 16 ga Monster cable puke wire I bought a really lot of really cheap...nothing else compares....even fancy high dollar solder!
I bought the BL-1 back when it first came out, way cheaper than now! Their wire is good stuff. All my cables are diy, except the fancy store bought radio shack ones...where is that nose in the air emoticon?

Remember when all the rage was some special home depot extension cord speaker cables? I think I'll do a set from jumper cables...

Russellc

Last edited:
OH BTW, did anyone lose a TT belt at Twangfest? I found a very thin one back in by the LPs that doesn't go to any of my tables. Just say hey and I'll toss it in the mail if you aren't coming to the first meet.

I think you had the only turntable present, does it work?:scratch2:

Russel - you are correct. I meant the interconnect cable. I don't know if it's the BL-1 or not. Haven't looked at it in a while. I also do have the T-14 speaker cable and love it.

Russel - you are correct. I meant the interconnect cable. I don't know if it's the BL-1 or not. Haven't looked at it in a while. I also do have the T-14 speaker cable and love it.

I have made BL-1 cables, connect shield at preamp end, float other is what I did.

Russellc

I'm debating about dropping by on my way to work. I could only stay for an hour or so.

Would anyone be interested in 400+ audio cassettes in wood racks? Many are commercial pre-records, some are high grade UDXLIIs, etc.. I'd give them away. No guarantee on the quality of the recorded material.

Back
Top Bottom