EMIT K Tweeter "shot" ?

DaveElton

A Whiter Shade Of Pale
Pulled out my pair of Infinity RS 5000's that I hadn't listened to for a while, fiddled with placement and was enjoying some music thru them, and then...I would hear an intermittent "buzz" coming from the one EMIT...:sigh: The tweeter output was still there, and it would come and go..this is at fairly low input levels.. Pots are clean and static free, so not that, connections are good on the back of the EMIT, I remounted it securely in the box, but still an intermittent buzz on music...Any ideas ? Thanks all!

Could also swap the tweets and see if it follows the driver, but I would only do this after swapping the left for right speakers.

Thanks guys, I had swapped R and L speaker positions last night, and it is the one single speaker (emit) After work tonight, or tomorrow morning, I will swap the tweeter into the cab that plays fine, and see what happens. I know these are far from Infinities greatest offerings, but these are in stellar condition otherwise (refoam on both mids and woofs) and they are my only foray into emits. Crossing my fingers that it is just a cap..

Thanks guys, I had swapped R and L speaker positions last night, and it is the one single speaker (emit) After work tonight, or tomorrow morning, I will swap the tweeter into the cab that plays fine, and see what happens. I know these are far from Infinities greatest offerings, but these are in stellar condition otherwise (refoam on both mids and woofs) and they are my only foray into emits. Crossing my fingers that it is just a cap..

If you're referring to the IRS-V, what speakers aren't, LOL. That said, any speaker sporting an Emit K tweeter is stellar in my book.

attachment.php

If you're referring to the IRS-V, what speakers aren't, LOL. That said, any speaker sporting an Emit K tweeter is stellar in my book.

attachment.php

Very true!!! Hard, or impossible to compete with those:music:

Well, good news on my RS 5000's I swapped the tweeters into the opposite cabs yesterday, and the intermittent fuzz/problem follows the cab...So, I have a cap going out in one cab, but the EMIT is fine:banana: New midrange and HF caps are already on order, and I am guessing I should get them sometime this week. Hopefully one doesn't have to be the size of a gremlin to work in the cab for removal and replacement of them. I am really looking forward to hearing them recapped and sounding like they should:yes:

That's good news about the tweet, with proper set up these are speakers that could end your search for better sound.

Back
Top Bottom