Infinity Quantum Frustration!

Sabs

Infinity ak'ers I need your help!
After salvaging the emits on my Q2's and getting all mids working as per sending 2 out to get repaired, I'm back where I started (at least with the mids). 2 are still good and 2 are now bad. So I went on that auction site, got 2 more in working condition (old stock), threw 'em in the cab and then there goes another! Does anybody on here know of a place to send for repair for a good price. I just can't afford to pay another 80 bucks for the repair or wait for another good price on the auction sites. Also, is it alright to run 1 working mid in one cab and 1 in the other? I would at least then have a nearly fully functioning pair of speakers for the moment.
Thank you all knowing ak'ers and diy'ers
As a side note I don't think I'll feel comfortable pulling out a soldering iron for the mids. Too much concentration and patience for me (if you don't count lack of skill as a deterrent).

first the obvious....

are the wires well hooked up at the crossover...lots of people have talked about bad connections at the crossover....

Yea I had the crossovers looked at during a checkup at a local tech. The measured resistance in zero compared to around 7 for the working drivers.

Sorry to hrear you are having this problem . YES lack of skill is a deterant !
If you are not aware of him ( I have just become aware of him due to a problem re foaming img in my k6.1 ) BILL LAGALL ( millerspeaker )is the the man to speak to . .. He will help you . and do it at ( at least for me ) surprisingly reasonable cost . ( See my thread for link and avery interesting article about him ) I spoke to him and he was really helpful ! Mine are going off to him asap ! Good Luck

Sorry to hrear you are having this problem . YES lack of skill is a deterant !
If you are not aware of him ( I have just become aware of him due to a problem re foaming img in my k6.1 ) BILL LAGALL ( millerspeaker )is the the man to speak to . .. He will help you . and do it at ( at least for me ) surprisingly reasonable cost . ( See my thread for link and avery interesting article about him ) I spoke to him and he was really helpful ! Mine are going off to him asap ! Good Luck

X2 Bill LeGall at Millersound is the man. He could tell you all the options you have. http://www.millersound.net/about.htm

Last edited:
Thanks for the info about millersound. I read up on some of the articles and am confident in sending the drivers out. For the time being though, can I run 1 working mid in each cab?

Thanks for the info about millersound. I read up on some of the articles and am confident in sending the drivers out. For the time being though, can I run 1 working mid in each cab?

Looking at the crossover schematic, it looks like the mids are wired in series. With only 1 mid connected, the 2nd mid may not even play anyway. But, if it does, running 1 mid instead of 2 will change the midrange impedance, which in turn will shift the crossover points too. Which is risky, since the remaining mid might see more wattage than normal. Easier then to burn out. So, personally, I wouldn't do it! :no:

http://www.infinity-classics.de/technik/manuals/Quantum_2_technical_sheet.pdf

Back
Top Bottom