Golden ear Triton 5

mfm22

Just heard these ...Surprised at how good they were ..under $2000

Anyone own or have Demo'd these ,like more feed back on 'them :thmbsp:

I auditioned a pair of Triton Two Towers...

Just in my opinion. They look 'cheap' - they feel cheap yet sound extraordinarily good

We have a local dealer for those, haven't been down to check them out yet.

The bookshelves (Aon 2 and 3) look interesting for my small space.

I auditioned a pair of Triton Two Towers...

Just in my opinion. They look 'cheap' - they feel cheap yet sound extraordinarily good

I listened to them as well . They look 'cheap' - they feel cheap yet sound cheap was my experience .

Just heard these ...Surprised at how good they were ..under $2000

Anyone own or have Demo'd these ,like more feed back on 'them :thmbsp:

Since you heard them already.....your ears should be enough feedback. You should be telling us your thoughts...

I heard these with a parasound amplifier.
incredibly smooth, non-fatiguing natural sound. i love the air tweeters on these and other goldenear towers.
my only concern was if they are too smooth for vinyl. they certainly take the edge off of digital and make it natural but if it rounds off vinyl they are a no go for me.
i plan to audition them again soon.

My opinion on the 5's are .. they are very nice ,clean not colored sound
I listened to CD & Vinyl and feel they give you exactly what the source is
no more or less .
I like them for the open sound that still images extremely well
Low end was surprisingly good & the folded ribbon tweeter is great .

I didn't like the 7's or the 3's / never tried the 1 or 2's

they do not win any prizes for beauty & may look /feel cheap compared to most
wood / lacquer speakers
But.. I'd rather pay less for a great speaker without a beautiful finish [than more for a piano finish over an exotic veneer ]

I had the aons[smaller version ] and they sound wonderful -mid & high[that ribbon tweeter again] will need a sub for better low's .. very good for a small room

I happen to snap this picture yesterday at a dealers house....I think they sound might fine

IMG_20150701_1117211_zps4cj2hyjp.jpg

Being a retired dealer who closed store about 15 years ago and now deals from his home as a hobby,he's several brands he plays with, tubes and SS gear...but his main system of choice is Bel Canto...running a stand alone Bel Canto DAC into Bel Canto preamp into 500 watt bel Canto mono Blocks. His system with the Golden Ear speakers are on point! I've heard all the Golden Ear speakers and they hit above their price point.

I have tried my 5's with amps from Odyssey, Job, Belles and W4S and the best match I found was the all W4S combo of the DAC-2, STP-SE and the mAMPS. That combo is now set up in my family room in place of the former never used HT setup with a pair of ACI Force XL subs crossed at 50 hz as the bass specs from Sandy are grossly exaggerated. Unless Bel Canto has changed they are probably using the same ICE chip as W4S, so the sound should be similar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom