Fisher Studio Standard BA 6000 DC Power Amplifier

Soundstar1

Does anyone know if this amp can be bridged and used as a mono block. I can find much info on them except for specs. I would like to know if these amps can be tube modded too.

0.002% THD at rated power at 1 kHz
0.002% IMD at rated power at 1 kHz
Damping factor = 80
Crosstalk = 75dB
S/N ratio (DIN) 110dB
Frequency response at rated power = 20Hz to 20 kHz +/- 0.3dB

Your opinions are welcome

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 72
I doubt this is bridgeable. And no tube modded. It is what it is. Better than average Sanyo era Fisher. And pretty decent in good order.

STK/Darlington power pack equipped amplifier.

I'd avoid speakers with impedance less than 8 ohms, or with widely swinging impedance.

It should be a fine voltage source, but it's going to fall down if you try to pull much current(bridging, low impedance speakers) from it.

How about using a y adaptor and hooking the + from the speaker to the + of the right channel on the amp then the - from the speaker and connect it to the + side on the right channel. Would that work

One channel needs to be inverted for that to work. The two channels are rated for 8 Ohms each so when bridged you'll need a 16 Ohm speaker. I'd find another amplifier to use, if you blow up the STKs that's the end. The power cord is too short to use as an anchor.

Craig

Fisher BA 6000

One channel needs to be inverted for that to work. The two channels are rated for 8 Ohms each so when bridged you'll need a 16 Ohm speaker. I'd find another amplifier to use, if you blow up the STKs that's the end. The power cord is too short to use as an anchor.

Craig

Can I use a pre amp that has inverted capabilities

Fisher BA 6000

I have a Scott lc-21 preamp with a phase selector switch. I believe that switch is used if you want to bridge a signal so that you can use a stereo amp as mono. Am I correct.. I have attached a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 13
I am guessing that the phase switch reverses both channels. For bridging amps, only 1 channel gets inverted. Realise that if you do manage to bridge this amp, it will most likely end up getting destroyed.

Maybe I will go with the hafler dh200/220 they make birding kits for them. I just like the sound and vu meters on my fisher ba 6000. Maybe I will install a set of vu meters on the hafler :)

Back
Top Bottom