Denon POA-2200: replacement for relays.

Raccoon1400

I need to replace the relays in my denon poa-2200. They are those matsushita relays. Anyone know a replacement from mouser I can use? Original part is JC2aD-DC24V.

Attachments

• IMG_4518.jpg
    IMG_4518.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_4519.jpg
    IMG_4519.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 107
Might as well try to obtain from a Denon service center. send your pics.

Man that is some ugly carpeting or your camera hue is way off !!

Are they unobtanium? I have a backup plan. Mount two omron relays on the underside, and rebuild the relay board on a prototyping board and mount it underneath too. There are only a few components on it.

I had to mount that board a different way when I replaced the binding posts. The old ones were smashed, and the holes for them were way too big for me to use, so I added a metal plate on the inside.

This will probably be a keeper amp. Not in great shape though. When I got it it had two big stickers on the front that said "RAPE DRUGS ARE INVISIBLE". Those had to go!

That is a standard type of layout for a relay. You can practically just blindly choose whatever 24V relay you can find, and it'll work completely fine. It looks like the legs might be slightly farther apart than usual though, so you might have to extend them / bend them outward a bit, on the new part.

That is a standard type of layout for a relay. You can practically just blindly choose whatever 24V relay you can find, and it'll work completely fine. It looks like the legs might be slightly farther apart than usual though, so you might have to extend them / bend them outward a bit, on the new part.
Not really. The pin spacing is different. The pins one the orignal part are 10mm apart, all the replacements suggested are 13mm apart. A bit too far off for a neat fit.

If you're looking for exact match and as 'degreed' as you say you are? There is no salvageable or worth in the project regardless of dollar value. (none( Solder in some extensions and live with it. Or as said oft in canada.. "flog it" :D

Last edited:
I will have no issue finding these relays here in Japan, or pointing out a decent substitute, but please provide:

- the distances between the pins (in mm)
- the outer dimension of the plastic casing (in mm)

Your current relay is 'double-pole single-throw' (DPST), while modern replacements are often double-pole double-throw (DPDT). As Sony and Victor (JVC) did in many units already in the 70's, the none used pins of a DPDT were cut off, making a DPST out of a DPDT relay. Nothing wrong with that.

Hi - I'd second the item recommended by "redk9258"

I just replaced a Matsushita JD2a-DC24V - output relay in a Sony TA-F500ES, with the same pin layout (I think) - with an Omron G4W-2212P-US-TV5. Terminal spacing / pattern was identical, just with slightly larger terminal pins, so had to drill the pcb holes out a little. The relay itself was also marginally larger.

Hi - I'd second the item recommended by "redk9258"

I just replaced a Matsushita JD2a-DC24V - output relay in a Sony TA-F500ES, with the same pin layout (I think) - with an Omron G4W-2212P-US-TV5. Terminal spacing / pattern was identical, just with slightly larger terminal pins, so had to drill the pcb holes out a little. The relay itself was also marginally larger.

Looks like that might work... Thanks.

Perfect fit!

Ordered three of these, two for signal and one for soft start. But I got a yamaha m40 in that needed one of these, so it got one. Didn't even have to widen holes.

So you ended up with the Omron G4W-2212P-US-TV5-HP-DC24, right? I might buy a couple of these for a couple of JVC receivers I have around here. The sound doesn't come on all of the way until you increase the volume a bit then it's fine. It's not a dirty POT because it has an electronic volume control.

I think FootFungus' suggestion would work too. I'd rather buy from Mouser though.

Last edited:
So you ended up with the Omron G4W-2212P-US-TV5-HP-DC24, right? I might buy a couple of these for a couple of JVC receivers I have around here. The sound doesn't come on all of the way until you increase the volume a bit then it's fine. It's not a dirty POT because it has an electronic volume control.

I think FootFungus' suggestion would work too. I'd rather buy from Mouser though.

Yes, that's the one. Dropped right in. I need to get another one next order for the soft start in the denon as the yamaha m40 got one.

Back
Top Bottom