Yamaha CDX-870

I don't think it's bad news, either- that transport you have is ubiquitous. I was just commenting about SocalSam's post.

I've had four or five black Sony's over the years, all with cheap plastic trays and all developing problems with skipping or not reading CD-R's. They look pretty but that is all.:no: I'm glad your experience has been different.:yes:

Oh, you're right- that transport isn't particularly reliable.

Most of the trouble with it (and others like it) is due to the Mabuchi spin motor. But that's true about virtually every mid-fi player out there. Lots and lots of manufacturers use that motor, and it's a POS.

The nice thing about the Sony transport is that parts are cheap, and available everywhere. KSS-210As are as cheap as six bucks. And I've seen those spin motors for as low as a couple of dollars.

I have Yamaha CDX870.Is a beuatiful top end from Yamaha from earlyof the '90s era.The sound is first very, very musical. Very well balanced, and consistent. The player is very good work. inside, good components, has cca 5 kg... and look like have a good resistence in time ; Proof is mine still sealed on bolts, never have been changed components, and still does great job.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom