New CR-620 owner, well happy!

Mad_Sunday

After lurking on the forum for a while looking for ideas to replace my 90's Marantz receiver with something better sounding, and more "retro", I looked at all possibilities and reviews with interest. Initially I wanted a pioneer sx x3x model, having previously had a SX-434, which I adored the look of as well as it's lovely sound. Or a Rotel RX402 or similar, again I'd had a sexy looking RX202 years ago. To be honest, I'd forgotten all about the Yamaha receivers, they were always way out of my price range back then. Well, after a lot of searching and missing out on bids for cheap but "needs work" eBay items, I finally clicked on a "good condition" buy it now offer. Having seen what others were willing to pay for non working and/or faulty/scruffy units I thought maybe coughing up for this supposedly good one was worth the extra, the postage cost of only £8 seemed to be ridiculously cheap too.

My CR-620 arrived today, I'm very pleased with it. The case is almost unmarked, there is no "scratchyness" with any of the controls (apart from a very tiny bit on the bass pot). Only one of the lights seems to be working, in the left dial, no biggie, I'll sort that long term. But, it sounds FANTASTIC through my Mission 760i speakers.

Thanks for the great info you guys share via this forum :thmbsp:

Pete

p.s. I paid £99 plus the £8 postage. ($180 inc postage at today's exchange rates)

Last edited:
The 620 is what got me started on the vintage thing. Now I've got even more; not mhardy more, but enough to have fun with. I still run the 620 in the living room with Polk 10's:thmbsp:

It seems my initial joy has turned a little sour. The amp is fine, the tuner however appears to be deaf! I've contacted the seller, I really want to keep this, it does look and sound great, but, it's a receiver, that receives very little :-( I'll post again to see if anyone has an idea what the issue might be.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom