cubdogs system

cubdog

banging through drywall
Everything is evolving but finally sounding pretty good. I still need a new pre amp but I'm not going to rush into that decision. The current setup is Bel Canto M300s, Adcom GTP 500II, Sony SCD-2000ES, and Klipsch RF7IIs. My room doubles as a HT room. Very cozy!

cubdog

Attachments

• IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 804
  • IMG_0985.jpg
    IMG_0985.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_0988.jpg
    IMG_0988.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 773
Gorgeous system and space! But I'll ask, what is the thingee behind the chair centered in the grey tile? Part of me thinks it is a fireplace or perhaps a microwave. I don't mean to be a wise guy, I am just really puzzled. Fireplaces often are lower to the ground and microwaves tend to have other kitcheny stuff around. :)

Everything is evolving but finally sounding pretty good. I still need a new pre amp but I'm not going to rush into that decision. The current setup is Bel Canto M300s, Adcom GTP 500II, Sony SCD-2000ES, and Klipsch RF7IIs. My room doubles as a HT room. Very cozy!

cubdog

Nice! I see you have the Bel Canto M300s mono block amps and you say you don't have a preamp. Man there is only one suggestion for you...actually 3 suggestions depending on how much you want to spend and what features you want.

The suggestions are the Bel Canto DAC 1.5, 2.5 or the 3.5. The DAC 1.5 starts at $1300, the 2.5 is $1800, and the 3.5 is way more than that.

The only thing that separates the 1.5 and the 2.5 is the 2.5 having analog inputs. I ran my TT through it and did not care for it. I had the 2.5 in my system for a good while as a loaner from my dealer, and I can tell you it was one outstanding DAC that also can be used as a stand alone preamp. The sound? Well Bel Canto use to make tube gear years ago, but now are doing solid state gear.....thats warm like tubes. But I would go with the 1.5 because the analog inputs on the 2.5 which I used for the TT made it sound to digital in my opinion. So I would have no use for that input and would rather save the extra $500 and go with the 1.5. Its an outstanding DAC/Preamp and would instantly put your gear in another class from the preamp you are currently using.

pict0124h.jpg

Last edited:
Gorgeous system and space! But I'll ask, what is the thingee behind the chair centered in the grey tile? Part of me thinks it is a fireplace or perhaps a microwave. I don't mean to be a wise guy, I am just really puzzled. Fireplaces often are lower to the ground and microwaves tend to have other kitcheny stuff around. :)

It's a "loft" fireplace. I should have fired it up for the picture but its to hot around here. We like its clean contemporary look.

cubdog

cubdog, thank you. I sort of suspected that, but haven't seen one and it does look clean and contemporary without looking austere or stark. Best, Terry

Back
Top Bottom