Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Looks like you have made a few more trips to Ikea? Nice looking room. How are the KEF's handling the tight quarters?

Poang!!!

It's a 10x9x8 room and very difficult to get good sound in. This appears to be just about right with the LS50's.

Office/Kitchen Computer System

I spend way more time here than in front of my "main" system.

Attachments

• DSC_4320.jpg
    DSC_4320.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 286
listening Space.

DIY stands, rack, and broadband acoustic panels.
Bass traps, diffusion, clouds to come.

Attachments

• IMG_0448.jpg
    IMG_0448.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_0447.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0450.jpg
    IMG_0450.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 317
Some of you guys have a funny idea of small!

I'm thinking of giving up on this idea, not very practical.

room.jpg

Room is 13 x 13 with Hafler dh200 and custom built (by AJ) vol. control for 2 channel.

104" screen and dedicated 5.2 with line source for all 5 channels (soon to be .4) HT system. Speakers are all DIY and only a few are shown here due to space limitations.

Attachments

• 20131230_3603.jpg
    20131230_3603.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 396
12x15x7 located in the basement of a 1902 farmhouse. Have to thank my wife for allowing me a dedicated space!

Sweet set up jaymo. I am close to purchasing a Luxman L-505uX myself. That L-507u must sound amazing:thmbsp:
My favorite integrated amp's.

Last edited:
Sweet set up jaymo. I am close to purchasing a Luxman L-505uX myself. That L-507u must sound amazing:thmbsp:

Thanks, much appreciated! The 507 does sound great indeed. I keep thinking I want to upgrade but then I audition something else and I realize it just ain't gonna get any better for the outlay in cash. My stay put amp!

Listened to the 505 a number of times - same sonic family as the 507. Wonderful amp.

Thanks. The poster was a limited edition print from several years ago which I picked up here; http://deviantartgear.deviantart.com/art/Sweet-Balance-of-Vinyl-Poster-119403555

I also like the Blade Runner poster! Also one of my choices for best sci-fi film.

I made my own posters of this iconic film. Using a high resolution digital camera on a tri-pod, I ran the movie (blue ray)to get to the exact scene or frames that I wanted and paused the movie to the spot I desired. Snapped the shot I wanted and went to costco and had them print the shot on a poster the size I wanted. You want to do this in a totally dark room and on a good flat screen tv.

The opening shots of the city with all the lights and plumes of fire make for a really cool poster that I've never seen available before.

Of course you can do this to any movie that you like to give your space a one of a kind look.

Finally "finished" with the current 10x12 room and system configuration (my "two-seater coupé" listening room):
The homemade OC703 panels in the front are 2" thick and the ones in the back are 6". The "rack" is something I picked up at Lowe's and used a pipe cutter to get down to the height I wanted- it's probably not the best at isolation/dampening, but it's great for ventilation. I wanted something metallic because of the TV screen frame. Oh and did I mention it was fairly cheap? The chairs? Not so cheap! With the new in-walls, it is an 8.1 system (2 front height speakers but only 1 surround back in addition to the five "mains"). Pay no mind to the dry-wall boo-boo next to the left height speaker where a drain pipe (not picked up by the stud scanner!) prevented putting the speaker there. Room is calibrated (with MCACC in the SC-79 and with the Anti-mode) for the right hand chair, so guess where I usually sit while listening!

SMedia Room 001_2_3_fused by shipdriver, on Flickr

SMedia Room 022_3_4_fused by shipdriver, on Flickr

SMedia Room 016_7_8_fused by shipdriver, on Flickr

SMedia Room 007_8_9_fused by shipdriver, on Flickr
Your main speakers seem to be mounted unusually high. Tweeters at ear level is the norm.

my space is a 18'x15' living room w/ an archway leading to the dinning room. It's furnished w/ a poofy couch about 9' from main speakers which are the Polk SDA 2B. The rest of the speakers are spred left and right. My H/T is a 40'' Toshiba, Klipsch #500 smalls w/ rears hung @ 5' behind the couch and the fronts are there in between the albums and center is middle rack shelf w/ the sub hidden behind the right side speaker array.

Attachments

• DSCN0530[1].jpg
    DSCN0530[1].jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 297
  • DSCN0546[1].jpg
    DSCN0546[1].jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 287
  • DSCN0428[1].jpg
    DSCN0428[1].jpg
    71 KB · Views: 255
Space is 15x15 room in our condo, pretty happy with the setup and sound, just need to add some wall treatments that the wife can live with.

3Ck6qs.jpg

WSJM65.jpg

EWZBoL.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom