Problem with delivery by USPS

jameswei

I sold an item (DBX 3BX III) on Ebay and used the shipping app to ship. I package up and drop off in the post office on 8/26. The same day the buyer message me about the package is going to the wrong address and sure enough the tracking shows its delivered to me already. I went to the post office and ask about this and was told someone had scanned it wrong as receiving instead of out going, but assured me that its on its way. In the mean time I got several message about I should give him a new tracking number and so on. Now it was drop off on Tuesday and he was asking all this on Wednesday and Thursday. The last message that I received was last night or this morning around 1AM. I decided to investigate a little more today by stopping at our post office and ask to see where's the package. It turns out that the package was delivered yesterday at 5:04 PM. I did purchase insurance for this item, but not the signature confirmation. Am I screw here? Is the buyer trying to do some evil thing here? I just message him and told him it was delivered and he should check with his local office is he doesn't have the package yet.

Is this address generated by Paypal? In which case the buyer paid you, but didn't update his address when he moved?

Unfortunate, but you did ship to the Paypal "confirmed" address right? May be the buyer's problem to find out who accepted the package(or just found it on the doorstep) at the place where he used to live.

I have other words but will leave it alone!! Good Luck!

I think anything over $250.00 requires a signature. If it was less than that amount, you just need delivery confirmation which you have. Hope it turns out ok for you.

I'd wait and see what their next move is. Let them contact you, or not.

Personally I get a sig most of the time any more. Never had anyone complain.

BTW clean out the PP account just so you can have some power if a claim is filed.

Barney

It's now $750, including shipping & handling, for both ebay and paypal.

I'm surprised they (eBay and Paypal) would raise the value rather than lower it. Good to know though. Anything over $200.00, I add signature confirmation anyway.

I email him and told him it was delivered on Thursday and he finally responded yesterday by saying (OK thanks). Lucky for me the USPS has tracked this package.

I have had no problem with USPS shipments - $600 tweeters to CAL, $300 JBL horn to Canada, $400 wood lenses to Norway -
all 3 were well insured - but USPS doesn't provide quite the near-hourly handholding you get with FedEx tracking ...

No problem here with USPS, a glass clock to CA, heavy vintage components all over the country. Ditto on the tracking however.

Back
Top Bottom