DIY Dayton Audio 15" Ultimax

Cdizzle

Could I power a Dayton Audio 15" Ultimax with a Behringer NU1000 iNUKE?
And also what else will I need for this to work to get it up and running?

LOL... "To get it up an running?" money... replace or repair... I'm being sarcastic as this is not a cheap hobby...

if you can get it going I'll read about it. must be impossible to get schematics?

Well, I'm sure it would work, but being Behringer, I don't know how long. Other than that, you need an active crossover and obviously, the Dayton needs to be an enclosure.

My suggestion: find a different amp.

Well, I'm sure it would work, but being Behringer, I don't know how long. Other than that, you need an active crossover and obviously, the Dayton needs to be an enclosure.

My suggestion: find a different amp.

Yes The ultimax comes with the box and sub, from Parts express.
What about a Crown Xls 1000?

The iNukes from Behringer have been pretty good as I understand it from other sources.

Lots of newer pro amps come with DSP, or is an option on a similar model for a bit more $. Looking into that may preclude the need for separate LPF or crossover.

The iNukes from Behringer have been pretty good as I understand it from other sources.

Lots of newer pro amps come with DSP, or is an option on a similar model for a bit more $. Looking into that may preclude the need for separate LPF or crossover.

Parts express recommends the 1000 watt Dayton Plate amp for it.
And I'm not a big fan of plate amps.

Not having any bass in my movies is driving me insane..
I keep thinking about saying heck with this and just buying Dual Dayton sub1200's. but I know I wont be happy with them, cause I know you get what you pay for.

I have three subs with plate amps in them, they work fine, particularly the Paradigm Servo 15s. Beyond fine for those, actually.

That said, I'm building two subs (cabinets are about 75%) that will be powered by external amp and active crossover from my "spare parts" stack/pile.

In the long run it's probably more flexible and easier to shake things up with separates, but depends alot on how often you're going to shake things up/change around. Since you're here, probably quite alot I guess. :)

Last edited:
Maybe you can tap the audio out of the dvd player and get better low end using a plate amp with volume/gain pot? Perhaps your amp doesn't reproduce the lower hz. you desire.

I have three subs with plate amps in them, they work fine, particularly the Paradigm Servo 15s. Beyond fine for those, actually.

That said, I'm building two subs (cabinets are about 75%) that will be powered by external amp and active crossover from my "spare parts" stack/pile.

In the long run it's probably more flexible and easier to shake things up with separates, but depends alot on how often you're going to shake things up/change around. Since you're here, probably quite alot I guess. :)

I'm just wanting something that will perform and sound pretty immense in my home theater.

Do you think I could get that with Two Dayton Sub 1500's??
I've never heard a Dayton product before so kinda skeptical at this point.

Their Ultimax and Reference series from the reviews seems like a pretty robust product. But for like $370 I can have Two Dayton Sub-1500's.
Kinda curious on what SPL level I would hit.

Sorry I missed that Denon 3808.

You might consult the user manual. look for low hz output capable subs.

I just decided on Dual Dayton sub 1500's I got them both for $373 free shipping. Do to the labor day sales.
Hope I did good on this and not disappointed.
But I was pretty desperate I need bass for my movies.

I hope it fills my 19x20x8 room with some intense heart pounding bass in movies.. But probably wont. =/

You could always convert one to a foot stool. :D Read a post where a guy put a sub speaker under his lazyboy. I think he reversed it to face the floor and raised the chair a tad.

extreme I guess. :D

You could always convert one to a foot stool. :D Read a post where a guy put a sub speaker under his lazyboy. I think he reversed it to face the floor and raised the chair a tad.

extreme I guess. :D

Lmao!! I seen that!! One guy made a autumn out of one as well with 4 12" subs in it guess he said its really loud haha.

Back
Top Bottom