McIntosh system--estate sale find

jpo_tx113

Just returned from an estate sale. There was a MR67, MC7200 and a C35. Each one was $500...or all three for $1500 with the glass stand thrown in.

Didn't have that much to spend but was wondering what a normal sale price would be.

Attachments

• Mac.jpg
    Mac.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 215
That's a ridiculously low price for the 7200. I'd get the pre at that price too but skip the tuner. They can be had all day long at that price or slightly more. For $1000 you have about $2700-3500 worth of gear there. Man, if you waved $1000 in the sellers face, he/she wouldn't sell the whole stack? If not, I'd be plenty happy with the C35/ 7200 for $1K.

Tell you what. Go back and buy the 7200 and double to quadruple your money instantly

I'm thinking triple at least.:yes: My hunch is it's gone though at that price. That would've been a good time to have a stack of currency in your pocket.

If all in nice condition and remote control present for C 35, my vote would be yes, a very good price for the three units.

If you can, you should make a play for the MC 7200 @ $500. That's the prize of this lot.

I know. There was one other guy looking at it but all he was interested in finding was a turntable.

All I had on me was $25. Had to buy a battery for the car and need to buy a tire for the Jeep. Those things come first.

I'm trying to find out who owned the house; one lady there looked familiar, so maybe if it does not sell I can make an offer later. I'm guessing this system would sale for $5000 easy.

I'm guessing this system would sale for $5000 easy.

No, I doubt it. More like $3500- 4000 most likely. It was a great deal but not a cinderella deal like the guy who found two Marantz Model 9s in a house being razed. I'll never forget that one and I think every AKer who read the thread had to be insanely jealous of that guy's good fortune.. If you know what I mean. But, you could have safely doubled your money at his asking for sure on the lot though.

Last edited:
One of these days I'm gonna find an estate sale where they have a pair of MC275s, a C22, and a pair of ML4C speakers all for $500....oh who am I kidding.

I know. There was one other guy looking at it but all he was interested in finding was a turntable.

All I had on me was $25. Had to buy a battery for the car and need to buy a tire for the Jeep. Those things come first.

I'm trying to find out who owned the house; one lady there looked familiar, so maybe if it does not sell I can make an offer later. I'm guessing this system would sale for $5000 easy.

If you took the chance to buy just the MC7200 for $500 and resell it for $1200, you could have bought four tires and a couple of batteries.....just saying...

One of these days I'm gonna find an estate sale where they have a pair of MC275s, a C22, and a pair of ML4C speakers all for $500....oh who am I kidding.

Well...it may be $600 instead...keep going to those sales.... :)

As Clint Eastwood said " A Man's Got To Know His Limitations" Yea it sucks, and I have been there plenty of times but family comes first. You did fine, it will come around again someday, just wait for it.

Bummer. Aren't you kinda setting yourself up for something like that when you go to an estate sale with only $25 bucks?
If your luck is like mine, it would not have been there had you had the $1500. :)

I had no intention of going, I just saw the sign and stopped. Same thing happened the week before and I scored an Elvis album for a buck.

And update: I was able to get off from work early and went back. I was told right away that they would not come down on the price and they have looked into other "options", including eBay and Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes you just can't swing it. We have all been there before.:yes: It happens. You just have to move on. Good luck at future sales!:thmbsp:

I had no intention of going, I just saw the sign and stopped. Same thing happened the week before and I scored an Elvis album for a buck.

And update: I was able to get off from work early and went back. I was told right away that they would not come down on the price and they have looked into other "options", including eBay and Amazon.

So it was still there?? Wow! Will they take paypal? I have a proposition for you, where are you located?

PS, We've all been there from time to time, and I'm sure the poster of that comment has as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom