Repainting Renaissance 90's advice needed

In quick reply Click on advanced at the bottom right, then click on manage attachments, then click browse, you will be able to select pics from your cpu, after you select pics then click upload then you can eaither click submit reply or preview post, done.

Thanks Greg.

If you are still looking to re-paint, think automotive before you touch them with anything else. There are many silicone wax removers for auto painting. This is just a quickie I found.

http://www.amazon.com/U-A-A-INC-GREASE-SILICONE-REMOVER/dp/B003V5KZ06

It is preferable to remove any wax before you actually grind it into the grain with sandpaper or strippers. Most of the surface is still sealed by paint and the wax is not through the tiny grain crevices. Remove all foreign substances you can while the grain is still sealed with paint.

When I paint a car, I first remove all wax, chemically strip the paint, repair and lightly sand the surface, use the wax remover again, tack the surface off, and finally prime the piece. Silicone has never been an issue. The same holds true when I refinish furniture for the war wagon.

Most of the wax removers flash off (evaporate) with little or no residue. Again though, the wax remover will never even find the veneer if the paint is not damaged. Paint is a very good wood sealer, and the wax remover doesn't remove any paint.

It is really one of a very few options to get rid of silicone residue. And if it's not gone, any re-paint is just a crap shoot. If the fisheye monster shows up, it is certain doom for a fine finish!:tears:

Back
Top Bottom