Infinity RS-1b's in BLACK

Jedidiah

Whoopity Doo
Is there such a thing as a black version?

How hard would it be to take a "normal" non black set and somehow stain / paint black?

NO need for flamewars please. i just do not like the look of the original wood color.

you will need to remove all the drivers and crossover....sand then stain, poly, steel wool, poly...etc...

please do not paint...

more like a step over....2 amazing sets of Infinity's...

I hear you on the black stain...and I was thinking of doing the same thing myself on a set of Polk SDA 1A's. I was going to try the bottom with a black stain(maybe gel stain) steel wool, etc. I've stained a lot of furniture throughout the years. Let me know if you do yours...I'd be curious to see the result...or any results doing this

HA! thats it BK!! can you still see the woodgrain at all? Or are they just like black cubes?

My Ren 90's are piano black and the look of the RS-1B's just don't fly with me.
Thank you for your input and help!

those photos is what made me ask. There is a photo of Polish Piano Black along with Black stained. Just wondering if those were actual options or anyone else that has turned theirs black like BKPHOTO has done..

BK's look like you can see the woodgrain, which I like...

BK, can you share any details on the process and materials used? I want to do this with my Polk's

sure...you can see the grain on the sides because, well, thats all there is...the fronts are sanded down, body filled and painted...Minwax black stain and spray-can poly...black matte textured spray paint on front..

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=589081

going to do the same process with the 3000P 's i just picked up for my sister...

Last edited:
The other removable option would probably be plastic latex paint used for mag wheels and bonnets on cars, you can peel it off later

Back
Top Bottom