Infinity IRS Omega's

ehoove

Old & New - Carpe Diem
Staff member
Super Mod
Subscriber
Infinity IRS Delta's

I'm headed over to a friends house to reinstall the woofers on his IRS Deltas' this afternoon. He Sent them to The Infinity Guru in Philly for a refoam and check out and we are going reinstall them this afternoon.

I'm really interested in giving them a listen as the will be driven by Parasound HCA 3500 power amps. :banana:
I'll keep you posted,
Jim

Attachments

• _wsb_553x598_IRS_Gamma.jpg
    _wsb_553x598_IRS_Gamma.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Surrounds crumbled
Regards,
Jim

Really did not know they could detoriate. Had them before and i regret selling them. Now listening to Renaissance 90's. Have a nice listening session!!

:lurk:

I'm interested to hear your impression of the Omegas since you have modded and multi-amped -IIIa's. :scratch2: :yes:

I'm headed over to a friends house to reinstall the woofers on his IRS Omega's this afternoon. He Sent them to The Infinity Guru in philly for a refoam and check out and we are going reinstall them this afternoon.

I'm really interested in giving them a listen as the will be driven by Parasound HCA 3500 power amps. :banana:
I'll keep you posted,
Jim
Since you're thread is on the IRS Omega's, why the picture of the IRS Delta/Gamma's?

Since you're thread is on the IRS Omega's, why the picture of the IRS Delta/Gamma's?

Because that is what they are. The picture misled me I helped him remove the woofers 7 months ago, and knew the picture was right but unsure of the name.
Sorry about that,
Jim

The Delta's sound good, but the Servo unit has a problem, anyone have a suggestion on who to send it to for servicing?
Regards,
Jim

I must say the midrange and top end were astounding, and the bottom end without the servo was still very tight and controlled. They were driven by a Counterpoint power amp/ Hafler Preamp combo. Both Parasound amps have issues, which I will check out further on my visit next week.
Regards,
Jim

the sound is different to be sure, but honestly, with a good amp i liked the speakers as "Deltas" just as much as I did as "Gammas". point being, if the servo completely goes, the loss is greater for resale value than it is for sonics.

If I don't use the servo on my epsilons there is a big difference, with the servo tight/better controlled bass without servo loose/boomy but more bass output, with the servo kettle drums sound awesome, it really hits you in the chest.

Last edited:
I noticed the same thing with the Betas I had .. too boomy without the servo ..
Those servos have problems with the RCA connectors also .. they tend to lose the ground connections .. they are pretty cheap connectors for expensive speakers... I had a bad ground on mine that caused alot of buzzing in one channel .. had to add a ground jumper in the connector assembly ..
They are great speakers ..

John M

Because that is what they are. The picture misled me I helped him remove the woofers 7 months ago, and knew the picture was right but unsure of the name.
Sorry about that,
Jim
Congratulations! I've got IRS Delta/Gamma's and absolutely love them.

FWIW, the Betas aren't designed to be used without the servo, and I suspect the same might be true of the Omegas. the Deltas have a full crossover on the woofers, very similar to the one in the Kappa 9's, and this is simply switched out when the speakers are run as Gammas and the servo is used.

The Betas can be run without the servo but still need an active crossover for the bass columns. However, you lose the ability to dig down to 15 Hz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom