It only took 3 years...

Very nice Quantum 2's!

My 1st Infinity speakers (picture taken at audio get together in Forest Grove OR)

attachment.php

Attachments

• ReligiousExperience.jpg
    ReligiousExperience.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 266
nice...

yeah they are playing now...wow, bass blows the IIIa's out of the water...

pots are nasty (no surprise)

top left emit not working, no biggie

question for anyone who has these : where are your high and mid pots set at...?

Nice!,:thmbsp: i missed a set of q2's on the DC Cl a couple weeks ago, called as they were heading out the door. Best of luck with them.
Jim

these were not to far from you...

south Jersey...a couple hours drive for me...

quite happy
Very nice grab. Were they up on cl? I look at least once a day but not always in Jersey. Nice stuff on the DC cl. all the time. Thats were my II and IIb came from.
Jim

really....same for the mid bass coupler...?

my reason for asking is that I haven't seen the inside of the pots yet but they feel as bad as I've felt and with nasty scratch... if i can't clean them up i was going to use resistors instead so i'm looking for a consensus on how everyone seems to like them...

on the o ohm - 5 ohm , where is neutral is another way to put it...(on all 3)

Very nice grab. Were they up on cl? I look at least once a day but not always in Jersey. Nice stuff on the DC cl. all the time. Thats were my II and IIb came from.
Jim

ebay, Toms River...

this was about a 5 hour round trip...traffic was S L O W...should have been 3

The Q2 are wonderful speakers.
I keep mine to the right of center however
the room they're in will dictate where you'll want to set the pots.

yeah I know, just looking to see if there is an average to start at...

trial and error will be part of it...This resto isn't happening anytime soon, gotta get warmer out first...

So...I yanked one of the crossovers and its just like the one on the classic site (imagine that) , a couple things :

- the pots are corroded on the outside (kinda knew that by the way they felt) we are talking on another thread about using resistors instead of the pot but the one that feeds the domes uses all 3 legs... can the 2 outs or ins (i'm confused) be combined ...? did they do this because its easier to solder 1 per leg instead of putting both on one...? (see scheme link)

http://www.infinity-classics.de/technik/manuals/Quantum_2_technical_sheet.pdf

- is the 5.4 ohm resister in the mid bass circuit there because its an 8 ohm driver...?

more questions obviously will be coming... man is it crowded in the middle...plus (again with the pots) doest it matter which leg is used ( in or out) seems not to be consistent ...

Last edited:
Inspect the woofer and "mid bass coupler" caps carefully, mine were leaking, badly! Replacing these caps really made mine sound better. As I always say "Leave the yellow film caps on the tweeters, they sound much better than electrolytics."

The pots are easy to disassemble and can be cleaned up easily with some D100 or the like. Be sure to lube them after they are clean with something like FaderLube.

Congrats on the Q2, even tho I have 2 sets of QLS1's the Q2 is still my favorite of the quantum series :)

can't wait...although its going to be a while, workshop waaaay too cold...by the way you two have quite the collections...

Back
Top Bottom