Infinitesimals

Yes.

Any of the first three series are worth having (and this is one of them). The first two are the best, they have the Watkins woofer. I can't really tell from this pic if the woofers have one voice coil or two.

If they're not outrageously priced then definitely worth snagging. If they have the Watkins, then they are worth real money.

bs

Look like the 0.1 with the gray dvc woofers. Make sure the woofers work as they are not replaceable.
Jim

After looking at the link they are the 0.1... Nice score for someone.
Jim

$40 is a steal. Somebody needs to jump on these. If they're I's or II's, they regularly sell for $300 - $600 on EBay. They are amazing little speakers.

I'm based in Gilroy (although in Md at the moment and heading to Boston later this week). So he'd have to ship them to me too.

I'd be tempted to offer him $100, shipped.

bs

The Ad has been deleted. Hopefully an Aker got them. Or maybe the seller realized what he had and went to the bay.

these were local to me. what happened is that the seller had already agreed to sell them to me before this thread started. then this started and killed the deal.

thanks guys!

Ouch. Did the seller locate this thread? Kind of hard to stop people from chatting about this stuff here, on one hand it serves as a heads up to some local AKer who may not be aware of something, on the other it can point a bunch of people at that same deal.

Of course, if the seller got a few inquiries and then did any amount of research on EBay, he'd have quickly realized his price was low.

bs

These are being sold on the east coast while the ones on CL were in San Diego making it unlikely that they're the same.

the speakers in question were on that San Diago CL....not sure what you are talking about...

hey Loquacious, sorry to hear about the deal gone south...

The speakers in the ebay link are on the east. They would have been a good deal too because infinity is spelled wrong hindering searches but again the cat is out of the bag...

Edit: just did a search and they come up even though its spelled wrong. Did not used to be that way.

Last edited:
this is happening more and more with craigslist finds. in the last year i've lost a deal on a pair of local QLS 1 (for $300), a pair of RSII ($250), some RS 1.5 ($75), etc. in each case, after the seller had already agreed to sell to me and we were working out pickup. some well intentioned AK'er from a thousand miles away announces it to the world, and suddenly the seller is inundated with both local, and non-local offers (in many cases offering more than asking price + shipping). suddenly the deal goes south. well, as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. the sadist thing is the person who typically ends up with the speakers is usually a flipper in the game for mercenary purposes, rather than a local collector interested in preserving a classic (yes, each of the afore-mentioned speakers turned up on ebay within a month).

bottom line is: loose lips sink ships. if you see a good local deal, by all means buy it. if you see a good deal in another part of the country, keep it under your hat until its over. then chat about it all you want. that way you don't pull the rug out from under the local guy who's done his due diligence of searching every day.

Wow, those are 3 heart breakers. With auto elerts and search all of cl engines Craigslist is going the way of a good garage sale, pennypincher, and the screaming auction (in person) deals. Those were the days, everybody wasn't a freakin genius with their phones...talking into them and getting knowledge. Yardsales and auctions are still fun but not like they were just a few years ago.
Jim

:lurk: Only way to do it is jump in the car ASAP with cash in your pocket and get there quick.

this is happening more and more with craigslist finds. in the last year i've lost a deal on a pair of local QLS 1 (for $300), a pair of RSII ($250), some RS 1.5 ($75), etc. in each case, after the seller had already agreed to sell to me and we were working out pickup. some well intentioned AK'er from a thousand miles away announces it to the world, and suddenly the seller is inundated with both local, and non-local offers (in many cases offering more than asking price + shipping). suddenly the deal goes south. well, as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. the sadist thing is the person who typically ends up with the speakers is usually a flipper in the game for mercenary purposes, rather than a local collector interested in preserving a classic (yes, each of the afore-mentioned speakers turned up on ebay within a month).

bottom line is: loose lips sink ships. if you see a good local deal, by all means buy it. if you see a good deal in another part of the country, keep it under your hat until its over. then chat about it all you want. that way you don't pull the rug out from under the local guy who's done his due diligence of searching every day.

yep...happened to me twice before i scored my Q2's...both times I was in the car on my way and got the call....nothing worse than having a deal in place then it falls apart...

It's funny, I've always thought of myself as paranoid when I try to close a deal as fast as possible and drive there ASAP in fear of someone else or the seller wising up. I guess it pays off.

Another DB move by another CLDB seller.
You put up the ad, you stick to the rules of the game.

Imagine you agreed on a higher price, then showed up and handed the seller $25 less "just because". The seller would be pissed that you wanted to chnage the agreed-upon deal.

People suck.

Back
Top Bottom