Availability of new model A-S1100 in US

jleffell

Hi,

I just stumbled upon this new model, the Yamaha A-S110. It is only up on the European website and I am desperate to find out if it will be available over here in the US at some point in the near future or if ever. I have been on a quest for over a year trying to find an amp and now that I am moving into a new place that is large enough to set up my speakers I am getting close to making a decision.

The A-S2100 is way out of my budget at $3500 and it appears as though the A-1000 is nearing the end of its cycle. I expect the 1100 to be priced in the $1400-$2000 range, which is still quite high for me, but I would be willing to pay for such a piece because it has the specs I want and the timeless look that can truly last forever.

So, does anyone have experience in how Yamaha markets their products? I know that Europe tends to get more color options, but do you think we can expect the 1100 over here? If not I guess I will try and find a used 2100 somewhere.

Thanks for your help!

Except for speakers, it seems Yamaha is selling it's products worldwide. I think we will get just a little later than Europe and Japan.

looks like it will be about 2100 and up in American currency.1400 and up in pound sterling.cant make up my mind between the silver with piano black sides or the black with wood sides.pester your local yammy dealer or Yamaha north America.some times euro and fareast models don't make it over here.

looks like it will be about 2100 and up in American currency.1400 and up in pound sterling.cant make up my mind between the silver with piano black sides or the black with wood sides.pester your local yammy dealer or Yamaha north America.some times euro and fareast models don't make it over here.

Yes that is what I am scared of. Anyone know of a good Yamaha dealer in Bay Area?

lets just say for the sake of argument that model doesn't or isn't destined for our market.isnt japan on the same electrical requirements as us?i know Europe is goofy but japan is the same as here I think.well what I would do is find a good reputable Japanese reseller and get one shipped over here.fire off a email to Yamaha north America and see what they say about that model and if its coming here or not.im going to also as the more the merrier.

Hi,

I just stumbled upon this new model, the Yamaha A-S110. It is only up on the European website and I am desperate to find out if it will be available over here in the US at some point in the near future or if ever. I have been on a quest for over a year trying to find an amp and now that I am moving into a new place that is large enough to set up my speakers I am getting close to making a decision.

The A-S2100 is way out of my budget at $3500 and it appears as though the A-1000 is nearing the end of its cycle. I expect the 1100 to be priced in the $1400-$2000 range, which is still quite high for me, but I would be willing to pay for such a piece because it has the specs I want and the timeless look that can truly last forever.

So, does anyone have experience in how Yamaha markets their products? I know that Europe tends to get more color options, but do you think we can expect the 1100 over here? If not I guess I will try and find a used 2100 somewhere.

Thanks for your help!

The Yamaha A-S1000BL ( black) is listed on Amazon. :music:
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha--S1000...qid=1432829957&sr=8-1&keywords=Yamaha+A-S1000

There is also a 100 watt per channel model listed as Yamaha A-S801BL ( back).
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-A-S801BL-Natural-Integrated-Amplifier/dp/B00N625HZ2/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

I know about the A-S1000 but I am interested in the 1100. I am interested in the 801, but I do not need an onboard DAC. There are also no pre outs on the 801 which may be a feature I want down the road. Thanks for the help.

lets just say for the sake of argument that model doesn't or isn't destined for our market.isnt japan on the same electrical requirements as us?i know Europe is goofy but japan is the same as here I think.well what I would do is find a good reputable Japanese reseller and get one shipped over here.fire off a email to Yamaha north America and see what they say about that model and if its coming here or not.im going to also as the more the merrier.

The wiki page lists Japanese voltage at 100 (50-60 Hz) and US at 120 (60 Hz). I imagine that is close enough? The product is up on the Asia market website - perhaps it will find its way to the US page soon but if not I like this idea if I can verify that it will be ok on the power front. Thanks.

It would be great if all of the manufacturers added a transformer switch like this Arcam FMJ A19.

The wiki page lists Japanese voltage at 100 (50-60 Hz) and US at 120 (60 Hz). I imagine that is close enough? The product is up on the Asia market website - perhaps it will find its way to the US page soon but if not I like this idea if I can verify that it will be ok on the power front. Thanks.

It would be great if all of the manufacturers added a transformer switch like this Arcam FMJ A19.

While you might be able to plug a 100v Japanese market amp into a 120v U.S. outlet, it'll likely run quite hot, significantly shortening the life of the amp. What you want is to get a 120v to 100v step down transformer. You plug the transformer into the wall, it converts the 120v U.S. power to 100v, and you plug the amp into the output of the transformer. The difference between 50hz and 60hz shouldn't be an issue here.

This is what I do to run a Japanese market media server in the U.S. The step down transformer was pretty cheap, although you'll need a bigger one than I have for an amp, since those draw a lot more current.

Same "Floating and Balanced Power Amplifier with MOSFETs" technology used for the A-S2100... :scratch2:

1595FD1666294CE3B6402CB9FE5F08EF_12074.jpg

Also seems well built...

330DFF9BF19E474DADF8CD54AD7BA2BB_12074.jpg

Back
Top Bottom