New England Winter Frankenfest February 23rd Clinton MA

I didn't know there was another local yocal there!!! I did not get to hear what was going on, or even realize what it all was- BUT when I did walk by it quickly(to get a snack at the Food Court!!!) I was checking out the intricate work on the faces of the speaker cabs!!! I thought THAT was amazing.

Won't be at the July one- but October for sure!

Chris

That was my pile of stuff... I am so glad you liked the noise it made!
The top pair are mMar-Ken6p and are indeed from Planet-10. I got them as a flat pack kit with the Alpair 6ps. The bottom pair are Fostex FF125WKeN again from Dave at P-10 but the boxes are prototypes from a guy who goes by dougbo at diyAudio, he is from DC. He is working on the side ported design, like the Fonken stuff, just different! The tube gear on one side is a BottleHead "Crack w/ Speedball" headphone amp, the pile in black is my music-box PC with a CAL Audio Alpha DAC and a DTI on top of that, in front of that in blue is an AMB Gamma 2 DAC and in sliver a Min^3 headphone amp, next is my diy integrated with a Pass B-1 buffer, a pair of Pass Amp Camp mono blocks and an ODAC and then my laptop. Dn the other side of the aisle was my Nak PA-7.

I know I got carried away, but it was my first gathering, I just could not help myself! I had no idea there were this many audio folks around this area!!

Again many many thanks to Frank, Jim, Peter, and Don for putting on such and outstanding event!! And a big hi and hello to all the really great folks I met. Wow just wow!!!

Ok. Now explain what all that stuff does, in English, please!

That was my pile of stuff... I am so glad you liked the noise it made!
The top pair are mMar-Ken6p and are indeed from Planet-10. I got them as a flat pack kit with the Alpair 6ps. The bottom pair are Fostex FF125WKeN again from Dave at P-10 but the boxes are prototypes from a guy who goes by dougbo at diyAudio, he is from DC. He is working on the side ported design, like the Fonken stuff, just different! The tube gear on one side is a BottleHead "Crack w/ Speedball" headphone amp, the pile in black is my music-box PC with a CAL Audio Alpha DAC and a DTI on top of that, in front of that in blue is an AMB Gamma 2 DAC and in sliver a Min^3 headphone amp, next is my diy integrated with a Pass B-1 buffer, a pair of Pass Amp Camp mono blocks and an ODAC and then my laptop. Dn the other side of the aisle was my Nak PA-7.

I know I got carried away, but it was my first gathering, I just could not help myself! I had no idea there were this many audio folks around this area!!

Again many many thanks to Frank, Jim, Peter, and Don for putting on such and outstanding event!! And a big hi and hello to all the really great folks I met. Wow just wow!!!

LexDM3 has given me an idea for the next gathering. He recently put together a system that was all sold around the same time. I believe it was in the early 70's. It might be fun to put together a few systems based around time frames, meaning 60's, 70's etc.
Thoughts?

Yes, that would be nice. I have a couple I could bring, (Sony, Fisher), maybe more. I am assuming that it can include components from the same time frame even if they are not all of the same brand? (for ex., one of my late 1960's set-up has a Sony TA-1120, Sony ST-5000, Dual 1019, Teac A-1200, Fisher XP-7's).

I like this idea. My "Back to 1973" system is a Marantz 1060 amp, an AR XB turntable with Shure M91ED, and Large Advent speakers. I could have walked into Tech HiFi in Harvard Square and bought all of those components in 1973 except I couldn't afford them back then. I'd be happy to bring this system to the next AK gathering. It sounds good! It would be pretty cool to have representative systems from the '50s, '60s, '70s, '80s, etc.

Yes, that would be nice. I have a couple I could bring, (Sony, Fisher), maybe more. I am assuming that it can include components from the same time frame even if they are not all of the same brand? (for ex., one of my late 1960's set-up has a Sony TA-1120, Sony ST-5000, Dual 1019, Teac A-1200, Fisher XP-7's).

That is just what I had in mind. I have a late fifties early sixties set up. Mcintosh, Thorens , and someday Bozak. They sound great together. Someday, will do the Tobin mods.

A couple more shots of BillyK's elaborate computer rig. Thanks again for hooking up the Blueberry, which W1JIM, with precision of a surgeon, brought back on her feet. :music:
Someone came up to the set-up, thinking it was a guitarist playing live through it. That had to be a nice compliment to BillyK.

Attachments

• IMAG2526.jpg
    IMAG2526.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMAG2530.jpg
    IMAG2530.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 39
Better late than never!

DSC_2062_zps7c2c44ee.jpg

DSC_2063_zps26ad094d.jpg

DSC_2064_zps31ab0ea8.jpg

DSC_2065_zpsc0bf4778.jpg

DSC_2066_zpsa67aca19.jpg

DSC_2067_zps796bcfce.jpg

DSC_2068_zps8b3f8ccf.jpg

DSC_2070_zps9a936348.jpg

DSC_2071_zps92f55d69.jpg

DSC_2072_zps765a8427.jpg

DSC_2073_zps21ce2c1c.jpg

DSC_2074_zps27239d25.jpg

DSC_2076_zpsc8c6e58d.jpg

DSC_2078_zpsc889fab9.jpg

DSC_2079_zpsf34c6bdb.jpg

Thanks John!
Funny, aside from the NAD T572 (which I am now using daily) and the TF350s, everything else is gone!

What model Bryston did you have again?

Thanks John!
Funny, aside from the NAD T572 (which I am now using daily) and the TF350s, everything else is gone!

What model Bryston did you have again?

Nice feeling to actually move some gear, huh? I just sold the last of the stuff I tried to sell at the fest.

That was a 3B from about 1989. Around 110W/ch.

Next event will be the Summer SweatFest and is scheduled for Saturday July 13th in Cl

Nice pictures. Can't wait for the next 'fest. When will it be?
Next event will be the Summer SweatFest and is scheduled for Saturday July 13th in Clinton.
JimB

It's in my calendar. Should we start a new thread?

Not bringing nearly that much stuff this time around, but definitely the DQ-10s. And I think Todd's been gracious enough to provide a nice amp to power it for the "demo" area.

Back
Top Bottom