Any Interest in Another Chicago-Area Get Together?????

Ahhh I found this thread this morning haha. Next time this happens, count me in! I'd love to meet up with a few of you fellas.

Bob and Collete, thanks for the great hosting and party. It was a blast to meet everyone and look forward to next year.

A special thanks to Rich (prisoners) and Kris for bringing the delicious sauage and meatballs. Colette and I really appreciate your thoughtfulness and generosity.

I would have brought this, too, but it's about a week away.

10640988_1079329128760337_5833706511538171174_n.jpg

Collette and Bob thanks for another wonderful event. I am glad some people go to listen to a set of Econwaves, most were impressed. I am already looking forward next year.

Graham

Robie:
Thanks again for hosting. My kids and I had a great time. It was great to connect with everyone and see a lot of new faces. The spread and music selections were excellent.
The rectilinears in your patio sound nice with the mac and the audio-gd DAC

Robie,

I second Kwing's comments about your porch setup. Loved that old Mcintosh 230. Sounded sweet with the Rectilinear's and my modern DAC! I would love to have a cool vintage tube amp setup like that for my Cornwall's. Thanks again for a great day. I will definitely take you up on your offer to teach me how to recap the crossovers on my ADS speakers when they finally arrive from Philadelphia.

Rob

Robie:
Thanks again for hosting. My kids and I had a great time. It was great to connect with everyone and see a lot of new faces. The spread and music selections were excellent.
The rectilinears in your patio sound nice with the mac and the audio-gd DAC.
The system Brian brought over sounded great as well.
I agree with Glenn quite possibly the best am gathering in Chicago, ever.

Thanks to Rob and Colette for hosting everybody. I had a great time as usual.

Didn't listen critically to much, but the Alison's sounded good from what I could tell in a room full of people. The best sound for me was the patio system with the Mac tubed unit and Rectilinears playing the Midnight Special program hosted by Rich Warren.

What a fun time. Many thanks to Bob and Collette. :thmbsp:

One of the best Chicago get-togethers ever. :yes:

Hope I can make it next year.

Best,

Mark

(aka Snade)

What a fun time. Many thanks to Bob and Collette. :thmbsp:

One of the best Chicago get-togethers ever. :yes:

Hope I can make it next year.

Best,

Mark

(aka Snade)

Dude I thought I saw you in a photo! I thought... maaaan there's no way I missed Mark! Dang.

Snade was DEFINITELY there for QUITE a while!!! :D

Gleefully spotted him on the way in, said bye on his way out.

Bob, Collette, THANK YOU for hosting this landmark event every year.

It IS a mini, local, AKfest!!

Last edited:
I'm now in a tiny 1,200 sf cabin in southern Wisconsin which can hold a surprising amount of people. However, there is absolutely no parking here as the streets are very narrow.

I am planning to build a garage this Spring so perhaps an early Summer event might work.

Until then, I do have 4 systems set up here and should anyone care to drop by, who am I to stop them?

Back
Top Bottom