Homer's NC March 10th audiofest (NO advertising!)

analog addict

Glory or Death!
Since we have been all spanked and sent to bed without dinner for being bad, I thought I might try and resurrect the non-commercial aspects of this thread. How about a roll call of whos' coming, planned arrival times, any food or beverage items being contributed, and a request to PM HomerJSimpson with e-mail addresses for any other ...Ahem... arrangements or activities. Homer can send out a bulk e-mail and any other issues can be settled away from the forum. Hopefully this request does not violate any AK policys rules, etc.:nono: If so, I would request that this thread be respectfully withdrawn...:smoke:

I'll be there with Fotno and saxmeister in tow. Arrival will be as early as possible, contingent on whether I close the store that day and/or how early my babysitter will be available. I have no reservations about closing the store, so the sitter will be the deciding factor. Shooting for lunchtime at the latest! :music:

Since I just live around the corner...

...my guess is I'll probably help him set up sometime in the morning...I'll also bring a few cold frosty beverages....:beer:

Make sure you guys post a picture of that wall of Advents you were talking about.

I'm planning on arriving early afternoon. I might bring a set of EMI speakers to see what you guys think of them. They're not a commonplace speaker, I can't make up my mind whether I like them or some EPI 100V's better as my garage speakers. They are different, that's for sure.

ozmoid said:
I'll bring the video camera. I think that would deserve dimensional views.

So how are you guys planning on wiring that? My stack is in parallel and fine, but what the heck does 10 pairs do to power and impedances??

BTW, play some organ music on them. I wonder how the bass pedals would sound??? :thmbsp:

It'll have to be a series/parallel combination. I just got all the parts to refurb my tube amp and preamp so I'll bring those along with my Altec 614D's.

Cool!

macaltec said:
It'll have to be a series/parallel combination. I just got all the parts to refurb my tube amp and preamp so I'll bring those along with my Altec 614D's.

I just picked up a Scott 345 tube receiver that has a few kinks in it, so I'll bring that along to play with... Plus my incoming Dynaco FM3. I hear you have one, which I hope means you know more about it than I do...:D I did however download all the assembly/service/alignment instructions.....:thmbsp: And if you think it could be useful, I'll bring along my O'scope and audio oscillator...

Looking forward to it, I daresay almost as much as the ACC tourney...Gonna be a great year for that event too....Homie, think I can get you to set up a TV downstairs? I promise I'll keep the sound turned down....:music:

come on people.........this is going to an (unofficial)"AK O Rama" let's bring this thread back to life..

Why don't you bring...

FoolForARadio said:
I'm planning on arriving early afternoon. I might bring a set of EMI speakers to see what you guys think of them. They're not a commonplace speaker, I can't make up my mind whether I like them or some EPI 100V's better as my garage speakers. They are different, that's for sure.

...some of the gear you got off of CL?? I'd love to hear that Sansui 500A...And if you're giving away that Technics box, I'd be happy to take it off your hands! :D

Note to Moderator - No $$$ to be exchanged for goods or services of any type....:smoke:

Back
Top Bottom