w1jim

I can fix it but good...
Subscriber
New England Fall FrankenFest Saturday February 28th in Clinton MA

Here we go again - at our customary location at Franks shop

55 Sterling Street
Clinton Ma 01510

Just over the railroad tracks.

I'd like to encourage everyone who's coming to put a link to this post in their signature line - spread the word.

We as usual, need to be careful about parking - we don't want to use the lot across the street but we can park in front (as usual) and there is a lot around back on Parker Street (see map).

We'll start around 11AM and go until around 5-6 PM.

These events run smoothly with people taking more responsibility for bringing food and cleaning up afterwards.
Let's keep that up!

The swap / sell / freebie tables will be a given as usual and people can bring their favorite toys and systems to set up.
No charges or fees for anyone to buy, sell, or display - we do it for the love. :banana:.

Not sure at this time what space will be available to us - I'll try to give Frank a call or he can post here.

Just take your unsold treasure home with you, don't load up Frank's dumpster.

Please spread the word to anyone and everyone in the New England area to attend - AK involvement isn't a requirement, although typically a given.

All that is required is an obsessive interest in all things audio - that's our common bond.

attachment.php

I'm gonna try to drive on down and attend my first Frankenfest. I put it on my calendar to remind me and to (hopefully) keep the day clear!

Is this the thread for posting equipment, or is there another one for that?

Looking forward to it! I'm wondering if we might declare the parking spaces in the vicinity of the loading dock to be "load and unload only" spaces with a 10 minute parking limit.

It seems that some early arrivers park there, unload, and then leave their cars in those prime spaces for the duration. People arriving later or leaving earlier wind up either blocking the lot entrance or carrying their stuff a long way.

This is just a respectful suggestion. :ntwrthy:

That's a good idea - maybe put up some signs or yellow tape.
I'm thinking of the first 2 spaces adjacent to the loading dock - between the loading dock and the street.
Anyone have a couple of orange pylons?

Maybe there aren't any listing yet, but it seems to me that I just get your announcement when I go to the thread. I am a subscriber, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I attended the last gathering for the first time and had a great time, and will be at this one. Let's hope the weather cooperates!
AudioDon was kind enough to share a listening room with me up stairs and I hope to be able to do the same again.

Happy Holidays guys!

Glenn

That's a good idea - maybe put up some signs or yellow tape.
I'm thinking of the first 2 spaces adjacent to the loading dock - between the loading dock and the street.

Thanks for considering this. I'd suggest that we make the 5 or so spaces between the street and loading dock all 10 minute max load/unload only spaces. Two of those spaces probably isn't enough but I'm guessing that five will do it. Using the spaces near the street will allow people to come and go more easily too.

Great! If the weather is good I'll be there. Maybe I'll bring something along to demo.

I'm going to bring some dbx records and a decoder for folks to listen to.
Not sure if I'll bring a whole system, might have to plug into someone's tape loop.
(Presuming I don't have to fly to New Zealand or South Africa or some other insanely far off place).

I'm working on a Sansui QRX-8001 quad receiver from the mid-70s. If it's up and running by late February and people are interested in hearing it, I could maybe bring it...

I'm working on a Sansui QRX-8001 quad receiver from the mid-70s. If it's up and running by late February and people are interested in hearing it, I could maybe bring it...

I'm interested in the listening sessions for sure - would love to hear the quad.

And the DBX records.... :yes: I'd love hear those - I've only read about them.

I will probably bring the AR 3's again. Seems there's some who couldn't attend the last fest and have never heard the 3's. Haven't decided just yet what will be driving them.

Back
Top Bottom