Yamaha AX 750 crackling sound at low volumes

condor

Hi all, its been a while since I last posted but that's mainly because the Yamaha m85 amplifier I got in the UK has been awesome, since I got that I decided to give another Yamaha a go, this time a integrated, thats the Yamaha AX 750, I needed the inputs.

I have just tried it out and everything seemed fine but it crackles at low volumes when its on either tape deck. I took off the knobs and vacuumed it all out but its still like this, any advice?

You may need to clean all the controls with a quality contact cleaner like DeOxit.

thanks

thanks so much, for some reason theres two of these threads, apologies to anyone I am as confused as you guys.

I suspect you may be having a problem with the input selector switch. Try rocking the input selector switch slightly left and right. If this makes a crackling sound through the speakers then the switch is the problem. First thing to try is switch the unit off. Set the input switch to a position between two selections. Then switch the unit on. The unit should "auto-align" and move the switch to the CD setting. This may help, but usually doesn't. Yamaha came out with an improved switch with gold contacts and I have replaced quite a few of them. Unfortunately the replacement is not inexpensive. You can try deoxit on the switch but it usually doesn't last for long.

bob

Back
Top Bottom