Bought an NAD C356BEE DAC!

Restless

Hey everyone,

After a lot of reading and getting offers from stores, I went for the NAD C356BEE with DAC, normal price is €899 and I got it for €599 with warranty and everything. Was a pretty nice deal, and since I only work 15 hours a week, this was the best I could (and would) afford for now.

I'm picking it up tomorrow probably, it's not at the store but at a storage they said so I'll have to be patient :pity:. Does anyone have experience with this amp ? And, I read the lights sometimes have problems, I assume this falls under the warranty ?

Cheers !

Well,

After 4 days the remote decided to die on me. It's working but the click system broke on one side so it's at a repair center. The amp is really powerful, which surprised me! I hear stuff I didn't hear with my previous setup and a wider Soundstage.

Hey restless - that's bad news on your remote, sorry to hear that. Good thing though it died now and not one day after your warranty expired. Do you know why/how that happened?

I have the big brother the 375bee - which apparently shares more components with the "M" series. I recently purchased and installed the MDC2 DAC for the unit. Listening to it now on my Gallo Reference 3.1's. Using itunes as my feed to it (through an apple TV).

Yes, it's a good amp - touch wood I haven't any issues with mine but if I do I hope it happens under warranty. One thing I really like is how dark it is - amp is dead quiet no matter how high I turn the volume or how close I put my ear to my speakers. Not so my tube amp lol.

Oh wow, sorry about the remote, it can happen to the best of us. I had a problem with my Grace Digital WiFI tuner's remote after I had it for a couple of years. Got in touch with their customer service department, and they just sent me a new one, they didn't even ask for the old one back! Now, that is SERVICE!

Your amp sounds like it's a winner and I'm sure you'll be happy with it. At least you can use the amp without the remote while it is being taken care of. I bet they just replace it.

Hey restless - that's bad news on your remote, sorry to hear that. Good thing though it died now and not one day after your warranty expired. Do you know why/how that happened?

I have the big brother the 375bee - which apparently shares more components with the "M" series. I recently purchased and installed the MDC2 DAC for the unit. Listening to it now on my Gallo Reference 3.1's. Using itunes as my feed to it (through an apple TV).

Yes, it's a good amp - touch wood I haven't any issues with mine but if I do I hope it happens under warranty. One thing I really like is how dark it is - amp is dead quiet no matter how high I turn the volume or how close I put my ear to my speakers. Not so my tube amp lol.

Yeah, the part where it clicks together is broken so Idk haha. And I paid about 450 USD less so if I pay some bucks for the remote it's okay with me haha.

I used a rotel ra980bx with a cv900 power amp before this NAD it would get LOUD. But I felt the power amp was holding back in quality, and I was right! I get a better midrange and clearer highs, it packs less power so bass is reduced a bit, which I didn't mind bytheway.

Overal it sounds good, only thing I hear is the LEDs tend to die on some.. And yeah I wanted the bigger one to, but this was such a good deal, with dac for 599€ instead of 899€!

Edit: How do those Gallos sound? They look tremendous! Is there a lot of bass with a design like that?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Oh wow, sorry about the remote, it can happen to the best of us. I had a problem with my Grace Digital WiFI tuner's remote after I had it for a couple of years. Got in touch with their customer service department, and they just sent me a new one, they didn't even ask for the old one back! Now, that is SERVICE!

Your amp sounds like it's a winner and I'm sure you'll be happy with it. At least you can use the amp without the remote while it is being taken care of. I bet they just replace it.

I hope so, takes about a week I've heard. And yeah that is awesome service!! I heard Definitive has service like that as well!

I'm happy with the amp, a 200% upgrade, I will get my rot fixed and sell it. I saw it goes for about 250€!

Got a call yesterday, the remote has been replaced under warranty :). I didn't use the amp without the remote, just because actually haha.

About the break in period, Is this nonsense or does it exist?

Glad to hear they got it all sorted out for you. That is a very nice amp. You should be in for many years of happy listening.

Last few times I've heard new NAD Amps, they've been running through PSB speakers. Made for a very nice combo. Not too surprising, I guess, since they are made by the same folks! :)

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Last few times I've heard new NAD Amps, they've been running through PSB speakers. Made for a very nice combo. Not too surprising, I guess, since they are made by the same folks! :)

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

Me and my girlfriend picked up the remote today, they had the Mythos ST-L, I want them so bad haha.
They don't sell PSB in Holland I think, haven't been able to find anything, not even in the used market :(.

Back
Top Bottom