Yamaha A-760 Adjustment

Bigrock

Hey guys to start with a little background on myself. I’m a recently retired electrician with just enough electronics knowledge to be dangerous. So thought I would ask questions here before proceeding with my project.

I have a Yamaha A-760 (Circa 1981) that I have owned since new. I started to have some problems with the speakers cutting out until some of the controls were wiggled and jiggled.
I removed the covers from the unit and cleaned things up using Deoxit D5. (Including tax $30.00 a can here. ouch!) That seems to have taken care of the speakers cutting out.

I had downloaded a service manual and thought I would take some measurement since I had the covers off.

I have included a scan of the results. It seems that this unit is definitely in need of some adjustment. It looks fairly straight forward but I am wondering if I should proceed or is there something I should know before attempting this?

I also did a check of the DC Offset as instructed by a post I found on this site (As a semi-poll) and it seems that I have a poor reading there as well. Anything thing I can do to improve that on this unit?

Great site guys, appreciate any constructive feedback.

One more question, should this be posted in "Vintage Solid State" rather than here? Should I post it in both places?

YamahaA-760.jpg

Last edited:
Well I jumped in and made the adjustments, all went smooth.

Re-checked the DC Offset after i was done and it seems to be fine now -9.8 R.C. &-6.5 L.C.

Not sure if that is normal for the DC offset to correct itself after the other adjustments, any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom