happy with yamaha

That's the seal of approval right there!

Thanks boza, that's one pair of speakers that will never leave my sight!

Last edited:
If its kitty approved = its gotta be good - - - - I love my AS-500 and it gets played at leat 2-4 hrs a day (bedroom system - but my CD system). Play a lot of blues and jazz (Stevie Ray Vaughn... etc) and it sounds awesome - really makes the Klipsh speakers SING...

I love my Yamaha AVR. It made my Dayton eight inch, full-range drivers sound excellent, better than I thought they would ever sound. I may buy a Yamaha integrated amp around the holidays. Peace and goodwill.

I love my Yamaha AVR. It made my Dayton eight inch, full-range drivers sound excellent, better than I thought they would ever sound. I may buy a Yamaha integrated amp around the holidays. Peace and goodwill.

You wont go far rong with one of the new yamaha amps my as500 is the clearist most eavan handed amplifiers ive herd.

the yamaha a-s700 blows the 500 away sonically. And then up to 1000 or 2000 blows away the 700

Had them all.

ive been looking at some new gear and im curious other than the ipod dock would the AS-500 be an upgrade over my old AX-500U. the specs are pretty much the same and they dont look that much different really. any input would be appreciated

the yamaha a-s700 blows the 500 away sonically. And then up to 1000 or 2000 blows away the 700

Had them all.
Sorry for resurrecting a Zombie Thread, but I just had to say something here...

I own an A-S700 as well, and chose it over the A-S500 after auditioning both. Other than a beefier power supply and the built-in opamps for directly connecting the CD input to the power amp section (the "CD Direct Amp" feature) the A-S700 is not really much different from the A-S500.... And yet the some reviewers HATE the A-S700 ("What HiFi" springs to mind here - who then go and awards the A-S500 top honours in its price class).

It is very strange. Makes me wonder what criteria (if anything tangible) is applied.

Sorry for resurrecting a Zombie Thread, but I just had to say something here...

I own an A-S700 as well, and chose it over the A-S500 after auditioning both. Other than a beefier power supply and the built-in opamps for directly connecting the CD input to the power amp section (the "CD Direct Amp" feature) the A-S700 is not really much different from the A-S500.... And yet the some reviewers HATE the A-S700 ("What HiFi" springs to mind here - who then go and awards the A-S500 top honours in its price class).

It is very strange. Makes me wonder what criteria (if anything tangible) is applied.

Agread i thought they were very close so bought the as500 they are both hard to beat at ther price point. I think some reviews are as far fetched as shit from china you cant realy tell what a piece of epuipment realy sounds like unless you take it home and put it in your own system and live with it for a while i think thats the ony way to get a meaningfull conclusion. This amp is my first yamaha and i wont be changeing it for a long time.

Agread i thought they were very close so bought the as500 they are both hard to beat at ther price point. I think some reviews are as far fetched as shit from china you cant realy tell what a piece of epuipment realy sounds like unless you take it home and put it in your own system and live with it for a while i think thats the ony way to get a meaningfull conclusion. This amp is my first yamaha and i wont be changeing it for a long time.
In my experience that kind of hyperbole usually turns out to be a gross exaggeration of the actual difference. It's also meaningless to compare gear with a large price disparity unless a price point is not a constraint.

In my experience that kind of hyperbole usually turns out to be a gross exaggeration of the actual difference. It's also meaningless to compare gear with a large price disparity unless a price point is not a constraint.

I bought the 500 as i didnt feel the difference between it and the 700 was worth the extra £150 but price wasnt the problem i went to listen to both with the intent to buy the one that suited my needs

Back
Top Bottom