Yamaha NS2000 Surrounds

Denis your continued support and repair procedure is greatly appreciated by all potential NS2000's surround fitters.This is best information that has been by anyone: world class Denis

Hi Everyone,

Oh please, me two, Denis can you put me on your list, as my surrounds on my NS2000'S are about to deteriorate, your surrounds for the NS2000's look brand new, I am very impressed.

Kind Regards,
Kurt

These stands look good and complement the NSX10000,I'd get something like this manufactured if I was starting out with a pair of NS2000's

Last edited:
Sorry Vintage,

Brins - No need to be sorry. To each their own my friend. For a while I had a pair of Klipsch Fortes supplementing my NS-1KM's for added bass ... in the end I found the 1KM's had more than enough bass to satisfy my listening so I moved the Fortes on to my son who loves them more than my NS-1KM's ... :thmbsp: :D

Hi Brindsmead, Yea thanks, those Yamaha SPS-10000 stands do look awesome, I have my Yamaha NS-2000'S on hand made Yamaha SPS-2000 stands.

@AFP1 and @Yamahalove

Please get back to me with your full address and notify me whether you have a PayPal account so that I may initiate an order for your surrounds. Thanks :)

Brins - No need to be sorry. To each their own my friend. For a while I had a pair of Klipsch Fortes supplementing my NS-1KM's for added bass ... in the end I found the 1KM's had more than enough bass to satisfy my listening so I moved the Fortes on to my son who loves them more than my NS-1KM's ... :thmbsp: :D

Thankyou Vintage, I know you are very contented with your 1000's and they are very special to you.

I first started into speakers with Sound Dynamics, it would have been about the time I purchased the Pioneer SA9800 in the late 70's.
They were a Canadian build, do you remember them at all and whether they were made up on your side of Canada?

An old film picture of NS2000, just unboxed from new early 80's

attachment.php

:tresbon:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to Everyone.

Denis, I take my hat of to you, that surround looks original, your workmanship is very impressive.

I also bought a pair of these at Hifidoin Japan, they had three pairs in their shop last weeks. They were shipped yesterday and i am waiting for customs to kill me :tears:

I am thinking about the stands for these beauties, what do you use?

regards,

Denis,
Kurt and I will wait until he has his surrounds and we will get the 4 x JA3301's repaired at the same company and at the same time with all your info supplied, so the repairer will be on the same page as us.

Kurt is in the process of also getting a pair of NS1000x, they came with a fabric surround, have a look at the ones he purchasing and give us your take on the surrounds: they look foam in this picture.

Last edited:
Hey Robert,

here's my take on the matter...

I'm gonna lean out the window and say that those are cloth surrounds. I have a pair of JVC (Victor) SX-911 lying around which I acquired recently. You'd be hard-pressed to tell me the difference in person as to whether those surrounds are cloth or foam, let alone in pictures. The cloth surrounds are a slightly darker shade of grey than foam surrounds, but one can only tell upon careful inspection. The SX-911s were factory fitted with cloth surrounds and even when driven hard (and being roughly the same age as the NS-1000x), they shown no signs of ageing or deterioration.

I therefore don't see why the NS-1000x Kurt will be acquiring should have anything other than the stock cloth surrounds. It would never hurt to ask the lovely people at hifido (which is where I'm assuming he's purchasing them from). I'm sure they'll be able to confirm the matter. Regardless, if necessary, a replacement for the stock 12" surrounds on the NS-1000x should be easier to be had than those of the NS-2000s.

I've heard the NS-1000x are much "punchier" than the NS-2000s and a bit better in the mids and highs than the NS-1000 (I guess this is also due to the crossover?), making them a fantastic compromise between the NS-2000 and NS-1000 .... all this from someone who owned the NS-1000, 1000x and NS-2000. He said that he'd have loved the mids and highs of the NS-2000, coupled with the punchy bass of the NS-1000x :D

I received my NS2000 set from Hifido last friday, beatifully packed, and in very good condition. The surrounds on the bass are in excellent condition.

I have started to build some stands similar to the SPS 2000 stands from Yamaha.
I read somewhere that the wood on the speakers is pear, could that be true?

I now have them connected to a B-2. I also received the message from Clinic that he is going to finish my B-1. Couldn't get any better.

Ns2000

I received my NS2000 set from Hifido last friday, beatifully packed, and in very good condition. The surrounds on the bass are in excellent condition.

I have started to build some stands similar to the SPS 2000 stands from Yamaha.
I read somewhere that the wood on the speakers is pear, could that be true?

I now have them connected to a B-2. I also received the message from Clinic that he is going to finish my B-1. Couldn't get any better.

Harolda, you must be very proud of of your NS2000 / B2 combination.What do you think of the sound?
I've been very happy with my same combination as yours for a lot of years.
Keep us posted on the stand construction

Thankyou Denis,
I think that is a fair assumption, we are still trying to find out from the seller exactly the type of material of the surrounds.It is very hard to accurately determine from a photo.These cloth surrounds as originally fitted, do have a very long service life.

Back
Top Bottom