Carne Asada Tacos Tonight

I know plenty of Mexicans that use Cholula and Tapatio and even Tabasco for that matter and I've worked with literally hundreds of them and have been to their houses on many occasions in NYC, Los Angeles, Dallas and San Francisco. Go to almost any Mexican run taco joint and see what's on the table. Cholula or Tapatio or sometimes both.

As a side note, Cholula is indeed a Mexican owned and manufactured in Mexico. Tapatio is made in California but is Mexican owned.

Hot sauces are just another condiment for the eater to season their tacos, whether it be a tomatillo salsa, salsa verde, salsa fresco, salsa picante or whatever other salsa variant. One of my favorites, is to grill jalapenos, polblanos, tomatoes, onion and puree it up with a little garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper.

Hell, call it blasephemy if you will, but sometimes even Sriracha is great on a taco.

I very well could live around the snob-iest Mexicans known to man! LOL, it's all good. Your topping recipe sounds delicious.

I love Cholula they used to have a salsa that was my absolute favorite. Another favorite of mine is Melindas.

:D Heading over to El Toro Bravo for some carne asada tacos right now. :thmbsp:

Whaddya know, found a bottle of Weller 107 at Hi Times. A perfect bourbon to go with some picante tacos and the Daily Show. Si a gusto.

Enjoy that Weller 107 because the distillery is sold out of it.

Boy that's a relief! I wasn't sure what part of the cow that flap was and was too afraid to ask. Wasn't sure I wanted to know :)

BBQ'd up some tri tips yesterday, rubbed down with some of MFHale's excellent rub. Yum. :thmbsp:

On your shirt steak anoint them with some Healthy Boy brand Thai sweet chili sauce just before you grill it, dee-lay-cious!!!!

Those tacos bring back some good old memories in Chicago, as the Mexican family down the block would do boatloads of these during the 4th, and we'd have us a huge party in their yard.

They'd buy 25-30 lbs of skirt steak, a ton of corn tortillas, and a literal bushel of avocado. Was iike eating candy!

I seem to remember they would put some alu foil on the grill, then poke some holes in it.
Perhaps this was to better control the heat, and lessen drying out of the meat?

Whenever they made them they were tender, delicious, and I don't ever recall any pre-marinades being used. And when I would try to make them, I could've soled my shoes with the meat! LOL I never really got the hang of skirt steak sadly. An area I need to work on!
Mark

"Cholula" is great. One of my favorite hot sauces.

For tang, I happen to like "House Of Parliament" or HP Sauce. I throw it on my morning steak with eggs, sometimes with a dash of "Cholula".

IMGP4366.JPG

IMGP4367.JPG

I like mine with cilantro, queso fresco, home grown heirloom tomatoes and Cholula. :)

Damn!...that's some good eat'in there along with a cold beer! :D

Back
Top Bottom