McIntosh MC2300 With Great Provenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your post sent me searching fo some papa creach on pandora. He totally kicks a somewhere over the rainbow. A man that could do it all. I was hoping he vamped the music I as hearing through your MC2300

Yeah !!! That right there pally boy is a score and 9 halves, congratulations. Now you need to put together a period/stage correct display for it. It shouldn't take up too much room and you've got the living room for it.

Biggles

Dan (4-2-7) is banned at the moment for being more of a "smart ass" than his usual self. It has been rumored that someone snuck into Dan's lair, held him at gun point, took his keyboard hostage, and typed a snarky reply (far more snarky than normal) in an effort to make him look far worse to his peers here at AK than he is capable of doing on his own. Apparently, this bandit's efforts were successful and Dan is now on a bit of a hiatus if you will.

Stay tuned . . .

Dan (4-2-7) is banned at the moment for being more of a "smart ass" than his usual self. It has been rumored that someone snuck into Dan's lair, held him at gun point, took his keyboard hostage, and typed a snarky reply (far more snarky than normal) in an effort to make him look far worse to his peers here at AK than he is capable of doing on his own. Apparently, this bandit's efforts were successful and Dan is now on a bit of a hiatus if you will.

Stay tuned . . .

Totally hip. He returned my phone call last night and we were able to catch up, talk shop. Which is one of the reasons I wanted to stop by here and post a comment. He talked about this find and it interested me quite a bit. Linking audio equipment to musicians is a lot of fun. Am going to see if I can press him into setting up a nice display for it. Sure would be a shame to pack it back into the storage case and tuck it into the back room for eternity.

He's also got a lot of "cast off" equipment that I'd like to toss into the back my Silverado. But the complete lack of money prevents me from doing so. This also took up a small portion of our conversation. Drool.

xo, Biggles

LOL you guys are nuts.. good nuts thou. I should try and get the violin that's was Papa John's and given to Joey Covington but it's not on the bay anymore.

LOL you guys are nuts.. good nuts thou. I should try and get the violin that's was Papa John's and given to Joey Covington but it's not on the bay anymore.

Check completed listings and go see! Then you and I can make ourselves a wax Papa John for your display.

Biggles

Great Score Dan! I'd love to have a Mac piece like that. It's great to see that hot tuna concert, I am enjoying that now (and looking for the shots of your amp!) I could use a flight case like PJC had for my 2500. Ya never know I might move again. I'd also wouldn't mind the banana plugs on the back if it could be done in a cleaner looking fashion. I'd like to hear a 2300 just to see how different it is to my 2500.

Great Score Dan! I'd love to have a Mac piece like that. It's great to see that hot tuna concert, I am enjoying that now (and looking for the shots of your amp!) I could use a flight case like PJC had for my 2500. Ya never know I might move again. I'd also wouldn't mind the banana plugs on the back if it could be done in a cleaner looking fashion. I'd like to hear a 2300 just to see how different it is to my 2500.

Thanks it is cool to own this peice of history even thou I really don't have the room for it.

damacman could probaly give you a good discription as he has all the different outputs of these amp.

MC2600 > MC2300 > MC2500 is how I rank 'em. I really would like another MC2500 some day to complete the set ...

MC2600 > MC2300 > MC2500 is how I rank 'em. I really would like another MC2500 some day to complete the set ...

Do you place MC2300 over MC2500 because they are strapped?. You have stated your MC2500 was hit or miss on sounding good. What did you hear that you did not like? My only issue with MC2500 was balancing channels. Mainly due to speaker placement versus room. After using SPL and MQ107 it really opened up the soundstage and now I just ensure gain knobs are maxed out on amp and MQ107 gain is covered up. The reroute of fan sensor wires really quieted it and there is complete silence no matter preamp gain or how close you are to tweeters.

Do you place MC2300 over MC2500 because they are strapped?. You have stated your MC2500 was hit or miss on sounding good. What did you hear that you did not like? My only issue with MC2500 was balancing channels. Mainly due to speaker placement versus room. After using SPL and MQ107 it really opened up the soundstage and now I just ensure gain knobs are maxed out on amp and MQ107 gain is covered up. The reroute of fan sensor wires really quieted it and there is complete silence no matter preamp gain or how close you are to tweeters.

I am curious as well.....

refer back to the mc2300/mc2500/mc2600 ultimate advice thread ... i opined at length as did many others, jdwk included ... im on my phone and cant post the url but maybe the next poster can ....

That's ok I'm keeping it, it sound very nice and I'll run it though it's paces after work tomorrow. This thing gets loud fast LOL my pre is turned way way down.

IMG_2471_zpshhlw3zij.jpg

IMG_2472_zpsiit717fp.jpg

IMG_2474_zpsxvdg3aue.jpg

IMG_2476_zpse7at0r9s.jpg

Those wood speakers are really cool looking! What are they? I like the wood of the turntable too. Cool box joints.

Those wood speakers are really cool looking! What are they? I like the wood of the turntable too. Cool box joints.

The speakers are JBL L250 and are some of the ones I recommended to you in your thread, they are 400w.

The deck is a SOTA Star Sapphire in Koa wood.

The speakers are JBL L250 and are some of the ones I recommended to you in your thread, they are 400w.

The deck is a SOTA Star Sapphire in Koa wood.

Do those speakers sound as awesome as they look? :D

What is a reasonable price range on those? I would dig having that in my living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom