Good Mac Amp for JBL 4435s?

Nice! I really need a bigger room, and some room treatments. But my Wife Tolerance Factor ("WTF"*) is already pretty much maxed out. I think the 4435s shocked her so badly she's still in denial, but for whatever reason she's been really sweet about it all this time. (Maybe she's just a sweetheart.)

I'm gonna gin up a new cabinet for the current rig. Something more vertical to display the blue meters more prominently ... Maybe in th' Craftsman stylee... :D

* Varies inversely with WAF.

Pick up a MEN220 or Lyngdorf RP1. Roomperfect will tame those beasts without bass traps. My wife still likes it switched out on occaision for the full rock concert or club bass experience. i showed my wife your JBLs and she said don't even think about that. I guess she likes grilles. Though i have seven foot McIntosh speakers with a MC2500 that gets maxed on occaision.

VB - every audio guy needs some BIG ASS horn loaded speakers in his living room. My Altecs are only about the size of a portable dishwasher and gray . . . Yeah, like you blend . . .

VB - every audio guy needs some BIG ASS horn loaded speakers in his living room. My Altecs are only about the size of a portable dishwasher and gray . . . Yeah, like you blend . . .

Yeah i keep telling her we need two dish washers in the kitchen. Hmmm i still have a big living room to fill with another system. Dishes can wait. She was happy as hell whenI stackedthe MCIntosh. Lesson learned bring home two huge speaker systems at once for WAF.when you stack them.

Yes; even as I type this: probably overkill, but I do love it.

I gave away that furniture I'd made, but I hope soon to make another rack or cabinet and fire up my turntable and tube monoblocks again.

Last edited:
I somehow missed this thread last year. Glad you're still happy with the MA6600. Although I salivated over Mc back in the 70's, the MA6600 is the first Mc piece I seriously wanted when I finally made the switch to McIntosh almost 5 years ago. I ended up getting other Mc components but I continue to read only great user reviews of the MA6000.

Oh yeah, I believe I did see your thread on the wood cases. Those are seriously unique and beautiful cases. Now that's where the beauty of design also aids the function of ventilation.

Thanks!! It started out as a single board that I cut up into slices, then mitered the corners and put walnut connecting slats underneath.

I have been planning for months to make it again in walnut. I may do that soon.

Back
Top Bottom