One less pair of Speakers at Audio Classics!

Those line arrays work great as fronts of 5.1. But if your processor lets you select 4.0 and route center channel and LFE to the XRT22s they are too fine not to be used for everything including 2.0.

When your wife says these sound so good I wish we just had a bed here, I do not want to stop listening. You know the genius of Roger Russell.

Have you tried an orchestra piece yet recorded with two microphones? I guarantee you the walls and ceiling fall away and you will be transported to whatever music hall the music was recorded in. It is a surreal experience. Any music recorded in that fashion makes you feel you are there.

I find myself gettng enraptured and expanding my musical tastes broader and broader because of those line arrays. If you want a real treat put on the doors greatest hits album. Then tell me what you heard and you never knew was there. Hidden instruments and background vocals. Yes it just never stops.

Enjoy but I want to hear your review.

Last edited:
First, let me just say that Audio Classics packaging is second to none. I mean I knew they're good, but what incredible attention to detail. Thank you Andy for ensuring these babies got here in one piece!

Attachments

• XRT22s_packing2.jpg
    XRT22s_packing2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 53
  • XRT22s_packing3.jpg
    XRT22s_packing3.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 60
That's just too funny - my ex wife blew my Flame Linear 400 (the sub amp) cranking AC/DC Highway to Hell to piss off our neighbors. It took out the MX110 that was driving it as well when it went. Ugly.

Yeah, the neighbors were pissed. $600 later . . .

My wife leaves the room when I crank the 2300's to a moderate level.
Congrats on a great purchase!

Last edited:
Congratulations on the XRT22's.
I'm blessed to own a pair of XRT20's that I restored and the more I read and listen the more satisfied I am.
Combine that with the fact that the designer (RR) is available for questions and I'm in audio nirvana!

Never heard the XRT22s, but I owned the XRT20s for 12-13 years and they are the best speakers I ever owned; wish I had not sold them in 1995. I bought them on the spot around 1982 when I heard the Eagles 'King of Hollywood' track at a McIntosh dealer. Be sure to listen to that song on The Long Run album; you'll be very impressed.

I'm listening to Jean Michel Jarre's Equinoxe currently and just finished Oxygene. Oxygene part VI really exemplifies the XRT22s capabilities of creating a massive soundstage. The MC2600 is a phenomenal match.

Earlier I listened to KD Lang's Save Me and her voice is just so incredibly pure. There really isn't much I've played through em that isn't absolutely captivating.

I pulled out The Long Run so that'll be next!

Never heard the XRT22s, but I owned the XRT20s for 12-13 years and they are the best speakers I ever owned; wish I had not sold them in 1995. I bought them on the spot around 1982 when I heard the Eagles 'King of Hollywood' track at a McIntosh dealer. Be sure to listen to that song on The Long Run album; you'll be very impressed.

Good call indeed. I can't say as I've ever really noticed that song before ...

No matter which speakers, each time I listen to 'King of Hollywood' now, it sounds anemic and thin compared to my memory of the XRT20s.

Funny how that can be huh? Although I'd figure it'd sound pretty good on your XR200s.

Years ago a buddy had a set of Polk SDA-SRS 1.2s powered by a MC7300 and a C38. He played Hotel California for me from the Hell Freezes Over dvd. Yeah that ruined that song for me on any other speakers. Those (16) 6.5" woofers just delivered the most unbelievable snap on the drums. I gave up trying to best, let alone equal it!

Although ... I've not tried it yet on the XRT22s ...

Back
Top Bottom