The Perfect McIntosh speaker to be paired with an MC500 . . . ?

Looking forward to hearing your review, comments and observations. Always heard great things about the XRT 22.

Congratulations Tony.

I love MAC electronics and already own the MA7000, 2 MVP871'S and the MVP841. However, I'm not a big fan of their speakers. If I had the green, I'd buy the B&W 802D'S.
Right now and for quite a long time I've been using the original B&W 805'S along with a Velodyne HGS 15. The 801's sound amazing with the MA7000. I've listened to the 802D's with the MA7000 and it was heavenly. I believe there's great synergy between MAC electronics and B&W speakers.

Last edited:
Wow - so what I really need is a bigger room, a bunch of signal processing equipment, and even then Mc speakers suck to begin with.

Well I put money down on a gorgeous pair of XRT-22s. I just wanted you guys to share in the excitement. Oh well.
Tony I didn't mean anything by that and just clowning with the common misconception of mac speakers.

Congrats on the XRT-22, give us full details and photos when you get them.:thmbsp:

.... And you know that I know your sarcasm well.

Thread was just a downer when I hoped the opposite ....

My mistake. I have the 805's.

I meant you never see a a pair of ls 360's for only a grand more that have original box, all packing, manuals and only 30mins away. I have had many chances locally to buy many B&W models, if I hadnt liked the 360's, I'd have numerous other chances to buy B&W's, those 360's were priced below what I had seen other ads for. I opted for the B&W because my amp at the time was more suited to drive them, and less so for the 360's. But I saw what you tried to do there. you are allowed to have whatever speakers you want. I was talking about me, not you.

I meant you never see a a pair of ls 360's for only a grand more that have original box, all packing, manuals and only 30mins away. I have had many chances locally to buy many B&W models, if I hadnt liked the 360's, I'd have numerous other chances to buy B&W's, those 360's were priced below what I had seen other ads for. I opted for the B&W because my amp at the time was more suited to drive them, and less so for the 360's. But I saw what you tried to do there. you are allowed to have whatever speakers you want. I was talking about me, not you.

Actually, I didn't know what the hell you were talking about.

My mistake. I have the 805's.

see, this is what I was referring to, this comment seems to reflect that you think I was somehow saying you bought something bad because of my comment about wishing I had bought McIntosh speakers instead of B&W's the "yeah sure" post was an answer to you saying "I had no idea what you were talking about, this is my last response on this matter. Sorry to the rest of you, back to the thread.....

see, this is what I was referring to, this comment seems to reflect that you think I was somehow saying you bought something bad because of my comment about wishing I had bought McIntosh speakers instead of B&W's the "yeah sure" post was an answer to you saying "I had no idea what you were talking about, this is my last response on this matter. Sorry to the rest of you, back to the thread.....

In my original post I mistakenly posted that I owned B&W 801's. I was just correcting my own error.

Last edited:
In my original post I mistakenly posted that I owned B&W 801's. I was just correcting my own error.

ok, my bad, whenever something is in text form you never know what inflection it has on it. there is a a parody video on you tube about a guy misreading the tone of a text and getting the complete wrong idea about what they mean. Now I see, but you understand how that post can be read in more than one way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom