One less pair of Speakers at Audio Classics!

damacman

Resident Psycho
I paid the remainder on the XRT22s today! They're mine! They've got to palletize them and get them out the door now. I can't wait to get them.

I'll keep you posted on where they end up and the system I build around them. For now, about the only thing that's firm is that my MC500 will be powering them.

Thank you Andy - you're the best my man.

Attachments

• XRT22s at AC.jpg
    XRT22s at AC.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 281
Nope. I've heard the XRT20s extensively and just loved them. So, I think these babies will be right at home here.

Looking forward to seeing them all set up - and of course, the review!

If half of what is said about the XRT 22 is true, they're sure to please.

Nope. I've heard the XRT20s extensively and just loved them. So, I think these babies will be right at home here.

I bought some replacement tweeters for my XRT20s and had to get XRT22 tweets during restore. The highs on the XRT22 tweeters were tweaked by Roger with more damping. They are simply amazing there is a noticeable difference for the better. I was intrigued by the mounting ring castings he added for the mids and woofers too. Supposedly improved distortion those too, can't wait to hear what you think. I saw those in the Audio Classic email pushing speakers. I figured you must be the lucky guy.

Please Experiment with the bass cabinets if they are better pushed back to the wall. The XRT20 tweeter stands leave you pushed out six inches. I am considering taking off the back L facing wall to see if it improves bass and reflection timing of the lows.

I am also curious what amp fuses Roger put in those 3 and 2.5 like the XR19 or 4 and 3 like the XRT20. The XRT20 never blows a fuse with a 500 watt amp. Whereas the XR19 will on certain source material especially organ music or certain sopranos. I am thinking he reduced current since XRT22 and XR19 have split woofer crossovers where Early XRT20s like mine had the single. He told me most people preferred the early version of XRT20 single low crossover even though the split in the lows reproduces with less distortion. He did go back to fewer cross overs on the XR290.

I can't imagine the shipping crate you have coming. Enjoy!

I put a deposit down to hold them until the sale of my home was finalized. One week or so. They were gracious enough to allow me to do so.

I can't speak highly enough of Audio Classics. I used to deal with Steve directly many many moons ago. Now, I deal with Andy. Andy is a super enthusiast, owning a pair of XRT22s driven by an MC300 himself! He says he's had them since he was 15 years old. Wow.

I just got shipping confirmation from them that I have a 400 pound shipment scheduled to arrive to me in 3 days! Woohoo! Time for some dumbbell presses I guess . . .

Yeah Andy is first rate. He deals parts too. Funny i had discussion on his XRT22's last fall. Said he is never selling them. People who sell them always regret and go on a speaker merry go round after that.

No he sold it all to Henry Ford and its now a museum. Greenfield Village Dearborn, MI. Thanks for dissing Mcintosh vintage. Now go back to you Dr. Dre's.

Great buy!
I always wondered how these sound but the must be a great set of speakers.
Enjoy them.
I think you mention in the past you have a good sized room for those (if I'm not mistaken) and that's important.
I would love to hear your impressions one you listen them for a while. :tresbon:

Regards.

Back
Top Bottom