Yamaha CR-2020 power up, no click, no sound

I uploaded the schematic, all 30 megs, will probably take a while to move it over. This is where my DesignJet 350C comes in real handy.

Tell me do the panel lamps light up? The same power supply for the lamps also powers the relay, that's the fuse on the relay board between the two blue wires.

Here is the report:
When power up, the 3 left meter lights lit up, the functional small red lights like AM or FM are good, but the dial panel light is not (no lights).
I ohm check the fuse, and it is good (0 ohm).

I guess my pointer bulb is out for sometime and I thought I suppose to have light from the front face dial.
I searched 'yamaha database' and didn't find CR2020 SM here. Did I miss that or is it still in the process?
Thanks

May be I missed, I haven't found the Schematic uploaded . Just eager to use it.
Thanks

Last edited:
Well I did upload it, or at least I thought I did, have not used FTP for years since I gave away the Sun Unix workstation.

I haven't had luck finding the schematics so far. May be is there and I am still missing it. Thanks.

(Corrections: I just found it in AK Database for vintage Yamaha stereo components in inception. Thanks for everyone contributs to the helping effort - merrylander )

Last edited:
Yes, left to the relay, there are two transistors (labeled D234, D235) attached to tall aluminum wall for cooling. There is a closest trans (labeled b544) just in front of the relay. Is this the closest one?

The relay driver is a 2SB544. Measure the DC voltages at the base, emitter and collector of this transistor (TR702 on the schematic) with reference to ground.

Back
Top Bottom