ca1010 issues

For what it's worth, I've replaced that damn relay twice since 2009 and after maybe a year, the low volume problem crops up again. I am sick of unsoldering and soldering and am seriously considering installing a relay socket just so I can get relays that unplug and plug in.

Burning out those relay contacts is mainly caused by switching from Class B to Class A while powered on. This is because the B+ for Class B is about 50 V and for Class A it is closer to 25 V. The relay contacts try to pull the B+ on the big caps down by almost 25 V and sparks fly.

Bypass the coupler switch with a cable, if still dropping out it is prob the relay, not the switch

Burning out those relay contacts is mainly caused by switching from Class B to Class A while powered on. This is because the B+ for Class B is about 50 V and for Class A it is closer to 25 V. The relay contacts try to pull the B+ on the big caps down by almost 25 V and sparks fly.
I never switch between Class A and Class B while it's powered up, Rob.

Actually, I'm wondering if this problem isn't simply from lack of daily use. I don't use my sig system like I used to.

I would agree with the topside "class A " relay. But not the bottom side protect relay.

update.stopped by the tech,s place of business to see how the baby was coming along.she is functing fine now.biggest problem he said was dirt and dust accumulation.he,s going over a few other things and baring any disasters I should get her back tomorrow.looks brand new inside now.so when I got that item of fleabay the seller lied as ive had issues with her from day one. just over the last 10 years I used the sta 2100 and never thought about the yammy.love the sound from her.if im totally pleaded with his work I will be giving him the big fat fella(sat2100) to put back in shape too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom