Sommer in northern Germany

That does suck man. Nothing jeans, jumper and a beanie (woollen hat) won't fix though.

What really bothers me is that my 3 week summer vacation ends this week.

The first week, the weather was great; hot and sunny. For the second week it was supposed to rain every day. It did, too, be it only for a few minutes. We couldn´t make any plans to do anything because the weather was too unstable.

We don´t need to make any plans to do anything this week either. It´s cold, wet and windy :(

I remember a particularly bad weather year in Fulda when I lived there. In 1980, it rained every day for 1.5 months in the May-June timeframe. Fulda was on the west side of the Rhön Mountains and the weather fronts moving across central Europe would back up against the mountains and it would rain for days on end. I moved the following year to Augsburg where the weather was considerably better.

It's not that different in the US Northeast (if that makes you feel any better) :)
That said, it is sunny and beautifully autumn-like today at my house, even if only in the 60s (Fahrenheit, of course - maybe 18 degrees C today).

It's not any better down here in Bavaria if that helps. (Don't really see how it could tho.) We had a very nice week in June. And a few scattered good day since, but mostly it's been ranging from cool & scattered showers to cool & drizzle to downright cold and downpours. Thursday I told Wife that I figured it'd start snowing by nightfall. It was an exaggeration, but not by much.

Sorry to hear that your vacation is getting pissed on. I recommend hot tea with plenty of dark rum. I'm hoping very much that it gets better by mid Sept when I take vacation. Usually we get lucky when the Oktoberfest nears.

Cheers,
James

If it makes you guys feel any better, summer's been a bust out here in the NY metro area. It's just not getting warm. Haven't had the a/c on for a few days now. That's unheard of in August, usually...

We're dropping into the low 50's (F) by me at night. The house stays warm but if this keeps up I might need the stupid heat on again, or fire up my old Tektronix oscilloscope :)

The weather was fantastic here in July; 30°-35° and sunny.

I hope we get a nice day or two at the end of the week. I would really like to do something with my wife; when I´m working I have very little time.

Here in Greater Bugtussle, we've had a cooler-than-normal summer, overall. I mean, yeah, we've had a lot of days in the 90s-30s for you Celcius types-but, where it oughta be "Up There" right now, I doubt if its more than low 80s now. Been pretty WET this summer, too. Lakes, which oughta be Mud Flats by now, are pretty & full, like they are normally in May & June.

What a bunch of titty babies! :D

It's 99 deg F outside right now...that's a cool streak for us, yesterday was 103.6....daily high is not supposed to get below today's for at least the next ten days....

You can always burn something/ turn on your plasma TV/ run large vacuum tube amps to warm up but you can't always take off enough clothes when you're outside to try and get a bit cooler without getting arrested for public lewdness....or just nauseating the neighbors.... :eek:

Just kidding, wish we had a bunch of that cool wetness down here for a while....

Sounds good to me, Sandy. Here, left of Canada's Left Coast, it's been frequently well into the 90's for the last several weeks and many of our streams and creek beds dried up ahead of schedule this year. This is supposed to be a rainforest, but I heard on a radio documentary that we're making the switch to a "Mediterranean Climate". Not sure exactly what that is, but it seems to involve a lot of dust.

Oh, trust me, I AIN'T complaining, its just I wonder what this relatively cool, wet summer portends for the Winter..

Dry as a bone in California.

images
images

So that's where I left the car. Now if I could only remember where the keys are.

Had to turn the heat on a couple of days ago. Daytime highs of 17°C (62°F).

This sucks :(

i don't know it has been 80s / 90s here even pushing 100F a couple days...I'd love a 62F day right about now.

also in SoCal ... dry and hot ...ready for summer to end personally.

Back
Top Bottom