Fisher 500c LED Light Bulbs

Moko

I have read about people using the new LED bulbs to replace the dial lamps, but has anyone tried the new small bayonet bulbs to replace the Stereo Beacon GE 1847 bulbs.?

These are the type of bulbs I mean http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-5-LED...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19d550d409

For some reason the original GE 1847 bulbs are impossible to find in the UK so I was thinking these or something like them might be the answer.

But I am not sure of what voltage bulbs to go for so any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

6V bulbs. You can use a #47 bulb. The problem with using the LED's is that you have to aim them at the back of the lens.

Well, there are two sides to this.
On the bayonet receptacle side, the LEDs must fit.
On the top side, if the shroud over the #47 bulb now doesn't fit, you'll have to fashion something or the light will spill all over the place.

One more thing, are those LEDs 12V?
If yes, it could be interesting. If they're activated below 6 volts, it could be an asset because they may not be at full brightness and that may be prefereable. They won't blow anything up, and experimenting will only cost you a few pounds, so why not try them and let us know how it works out?

I went to my local VW spares place and bought an ordinary 12v bulb which fits perfectly and works fine so far so for 54p I am happy, so we will have to see if LED will work or not.

Back
Top Bottom