Fisher r2r

Yes, it is a Luxor machine. 1/4 track, 3 3/4 IPS- 7 1/2 IPS. 1962 or so. Fisher also used some Sony and Ampex open reels in their consoles. Which this one was pulled out of.

I'm guessing it's 4-track ONLY. Can't figure out what the "1 2 3 4" with the switch on the faceplate is for.

I knew they used Sony and Ampex but not Luxor. Regardless, it had to be up to Fisher standards or it wouldn't have "The Fisher" name on it.

It is 4 track only. The switch is for 4 track mono use. Luxor was used by Fisher for a short while. And was good enough for Avery.

Which begs the question. Which consoles/years would this have gone in to. I'm thinking President/Executive from 1958 to 1960? cc43fan has a 61 Executive with a Sony Superscope in it. The AMPEX 1250 was in the '63/64 Executives/Presidents I believe. Maybe even '65.

2-track would have been mid-50's to about 1960. 2 AND 4-track from 1959/60 to maybe '62. After that, everything would have been 4-track only.

I've noticed Sonys in some units and Ampex in others in the same year, so it's very confusing. The Sony 777 Superscope is both 2 and 4-track but the Ampex 1250 that went in some of the other models (according to the database) was 4-track only.

Why Garrard phonographs in some models and Miracords in others in the same model year?

This Executive with the Sony is 'da BOMB!

For Example my Custom Electra VI ('64) has a Type A Garrard while my Custom Electra VIII (65) has a Miracord 10F in it. As did my FUTURA VI. I took out the 10F from the Futura and put a 1009 in it. The 10F is sealed up in a plastic bag and stored in the back of the Futura.

Back
Top Bottom